• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Contenders or Pretenders

1 minute ago, nando714 said:

So we pretty much have to score 6-9 runs a game to be contenders ?

I’m saying we need to score more than 3 runs consistently to win games.  If you want to say we have to double our runs scored, that’s fine.  But we would win a lot more games scoring 4-6 runs a game, as opposed to 3 runs or less more often than not.  Sure the number one weakness of this team is the bullpen, but the offense isn’t doing it any favors.  

Seattle’s run differential is 5 better than Oakland who is 2 games over .500 ... kinda screams regression to me. 

Yesterday in the 9th the Rays had the infield pulled in with a runner in 3rd and 1 out, Gordon pops up weakly to short, which would have been routine instead it barely sneaks over the short stops glove, the M’s win. Everything is going right for them so far.

43 minutes ago, TroutField said:

Seattle’s run differential is 5 better than Oakland who is 2 games over .500 ... kinda screams regression to me. 

Yesterday in the 9th the Rays had the infield pulled in with a runner in 3rd and 1 out, Gordon pops up weakly to short, which would have been routine instead it barely sneaks over the short stops glove, the M’s win. Everything is going right for them so far.

Like Dip*ssy’s 3rd season here?  That ended with a Royal flame out.

1 hour ago, The Boogie Man said:

I’m saying we need to score more than 3 runs consistently to win games.  If you want to say we have to double our runs scored, that’s fine.  But we would win a lot more games scoring 4-6 runs a game, as opposed to 3 runs or less more often than not.  Sure the number one weakness of this team is the bullpen, but the offense isn’t doing it any favors.  

They're averaging 4.57 runs per game.

One thing that I have notice about Seattle is that they play well when they enter seasons with low expectations but don't play well when they enter seasons with high expectations. 2014, low expectations, almost 90 wins. 2015, high expectations, less than a .500 winning percentage. 2016, low expectations, almost 90 wins. 2017, high expectations, less than a .500 winning percentage. Looks like a team that thrives on low expetations. 

Ms are pretenders, they have half the run differential we do and have had a relatively soft schedule to date, it will catch up to them.  They have been on a roll, grats to them for that, but i dont think its sustainable in thier case.

Right now i feel that we are pretenders unless we fix the bullpen.   We have 11 blown saves, second worst in the major, and mlb worst 54.17% save percentage.  For perspective, Sea is one behind us in blown saves, but their percentage is much better at 68.75.

4 hours ago, nando714 said:

We’re 1-9 vs bos and NYy right now 

if they go 3-7 in that stretch they already out played us against those beast from the east. 

And it’s all a moot point if the angels don’t beat the teams we’re supposed to. Like the royals, twins, and what should have been a sweep against Texas , again

you forgot to add that the M's are 2-5 vs us and Houston, while we're 5-4 vs the M's and the Astros. .

12 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

What is it though in the past 44 games (19-25 record)?

171 runs in past 44 games (3.89 runs per game, terrible) after 103 runs in first 16 games (6.44 runs per game, unsustainable) 

6.44 runs per game is unsustainable. 

So is the 3.89 runs per game, in my opinion. Reality lies somewhere in the middle.

Just now, tdawg87 said:

6.44 runs per game is unsustainable. 

So is the 3.89 runs per game, in my opinion. Reality lies somewhere in the middle.

Good point, but 44 games is a pretty large sample size (granted a lot of good pitching faced after facing crap pitching for the first 16 games). 

6 minutes ago, Torridd said:

I have one question - who thinks the M's are a better team than the Angels? I don't.

I don’t think they are better, but their bullpen is better and they are winning a lot of close games.  I find it I ironic because that was Scioscia’s MO when we had a good bullpen.  Even one good arm, a closer, would make a world of difference right now.  As it is the starters have been going much deeper in games.  

why is everyone talking about the M's? The AL West race is over 

On May 25, 2018 at 7:03 AM, nando714 said:

I think this is the beginning of the end for the AL West in terms of winning the division 

i don’t think the Astros don’t look back from here on out. 

On May 28, 2018 at 12:53 PM, nando714 said:

I think it’s time to forget about the astros. division is done , the Astros aren’t looking back

On May 29, 2018 at 6:55 PM, nando714 said:

Astros look like they’re about to run away with the west