• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Angels need to go get Kelvin Herrera

Chuck

1 hour ago, Hubs said:

I saw an article saying Brandon Marsh for Zach Britton. I'm fine with he, or Brad Hand, or Herrera depending on the cost.

Marsh for Britton?    With Britton still preparing to return from surgery and out until at least mid-June, and struggling in 2017 (1.53 WHIP), while Marsh is a potential cornerstone OF in 2-3 years?

My answer = one of the new WWE guys' ring names......NO WAY, JOSE!

1 hour ago, Hubs said:

I saw an article saying Brandon Marsh for Zach Britton. I'm fine with he, or Brad Hand, or Herrera depending on the cost.

Was it an article written by the O's GM? 

Britton has minimal value right now. 

Even with how good the rotation has been and how quickly Canning and Suarez have developed, I'm extremely nervous about the depth of the rotation. Barria and Trop have been terrific but it's a tall order to expect they keep this up throughout the rest of the year, and if any of our Top 4 get hurt, the pressure on those guys and Bridwell goes way up. I also think that, with Richards due up for free agency, the team could still kick the tires on adding another SP at the deadline, preferably someone with some long-term control, but if there's a cheap enough rental like Liriano, Fiers, Kennedy, Hammel, or Happ, it makes sense to grab one of those guys for some low-level prospects too. If a deal could be struck for Madison Bumgarner that didn't take Canning or Adell, I'd be all ears. 

I like the idea of snatching up Jose Urena from the Marlins - should we lose Richards to FA, he'd be a controllable RHP (thru '21) for the rotation who could, at worst, hold down the back-of-the-rotation as a decent #4, but also has the upside to grow into a #2 or so still. He'd still cost the Angels quite a bit because of his upside, contract, and control, but somewhat redundant sell-high prospects like Suarez and Ward (or less appealing, Thaiss) would get it done. Perhaps you wrangle a reliever like Guerrero, Conley, Garcia, or Streckenrider into it, or Rojas or Dietrich for some IF depth, or take Castro and his contract to cut the prospect cost. If you're able to get Urena to capture his potential, you've got a huge addition to the rotation for years to come.

For the offense, I'd DFA Chris Young and get Blash, Herm, and other AAA guys up more for some RF at-bats, have Fletcher, Fernandez, and even Ackley on standby for whenever Valbuena, Marte, Kinsler, or Cozart crash. I just don't see any obvious RF, 2B, or 3B targets that will be available in trade that would be appealing enough to part with top prospects, not when there are ample stop-gap FAs available next offseason. 

For the pen, I'd move org filler types or lower-ranked prospects (Lund, Walsh, Jewell, Castillo) and eat salary for two of Soria, Jones, Hughes, Axford, Clippard, Brach types.