• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Kole Calhoun on 10-day DL

9 hours ago, JustATroutFan said:

I just find it odd that they're sending Barria back down to the minor leagues. He's been pitching better than everyone in the starting rotation this season. If there's someone who needs to be send down from the starting, it's Richards. He just doesn't have confidence in his stuff.

I agree.

8 minutes ago, calscuf said:

Are there any real theories as to what the hell happened to Kole?  He’s been a solid player for a few years.  Obviously it’s mental, to some extent.

The yips?

the sucks 

10 minutes ago, calscuf said:

Are there any real theories as to what the hell happened to Kole?  He’s been a solid player for a few years.  Obviously it’s mental, to some extent.

The yips?

I looked at it a week or two ago, I think it's almost entirely due to the shift. He used to hit a TON of flares into shallow RF. Now, he's gone from being shifted against 23% of the time in 2015 to over 69% this year. Part of it is probably missing all of those flare hits, but I'd guess mostly it's mental and him trying so hard to beat it by going the other way that he's changed the fundamentals of his approach. 

Glad to see the DL stint, real injury or not. And I REALLY hope he comes back like his old self, the above average RF that was never given any chance as a prospect. 

Shift stats about halfway down the page

its really worrysome to see "fans" want to show the guy the door, but meh.  
I for one hope this isnt phantom, perhaps whatever over correcting or whatever the hades hes been doing over the shifts finally got him and a few days of no activity would be good for him.  We have need of him getting back to pre'18 levels, i hope he does so.