• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Kole Calhoun on 10-day DL

1 minute ago, JustATroutFan said:

I just find it odd that they're sending Barria back down to the minor leagues. He's been pitching better than everyone in the starting rotation this season. If there's someone who needs to be send down from the starting, it's Richards. He just doesn't have confidence in his stuff.

It's just so they could bring up Herm and Cowart. Barria will come back when it's his turn to pitch.

21 minutes ago, JustATroutFan said:

I just find it odd that they're sending Barria back down to the minor leagues. He's been pitching better than everyone in the starting rotation this season. If there's someone who needs to be send down from the starting, it's Richards. He just doesn't have confidence in his stuff.

Get a clue!  GRICH cant be sent down!

58 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

I think the general consensus is this specific DL move will only enhance our ability to win games moving forward.  

I think out boy TORS, may have been making a tongue in cheek comment.  

3 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Theyre probably about even in strikeouts though...

Dude!

This off yesterdays 'effectively wild' podcast: 

"Kole Calhoun is the first player to have a sub-.200 triple slash (.145/.195/.179) before June since Tony Martinez in 1963. However, Martinez was sent down to the minors on May 25 of that year, only to return in September to bat...... .067".

In addition, he had the 7th lowest OPS in May (going back to 1908), at .314

A definite 'oblique strain' candidate.

45 minutes ago, DMVol said:

Matt Scherzer just pinch hit for the Nats in the 14th vs the Braves (they ran out of hitters)....He is hitting .286, double Calhoun’s BA....chew on that....and BTW, he got a hit and scored a run....

Interesting. Is Matt Scherzer Max's pinch hitting brother?

39 minutes ago, JustATroutFan said:

I know that but he deserves to if there was an option! 

There wasnt an optiom....so why were you confused about Barria going down.

Hell I think Barria is best pitcher at this moment but I understood why they sent him down.