• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Upton

1 hour ago, OHTANILAND said:

Blarg I’m only interested in what he has done as an Angel. 

You're only interested in your agenda and when Upton completes this season at his career average then what other bullshit are you going to try and pull? Just knock it off, your constant shiting on Upton has become an obsessive compulsive behavior. 

I'm actually with Jars on this one.

Upton is a defensive liability to a new level. 

He has the ability to get hot, but so did Trumbo.

I don't get the praise for Upton. To me he's a bust so far. 

Hope he proves me wrong and someone replies to this with a sarcastic "I agree" 

50 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

I don't get the praise for Upton. To me he's a bust so far. 

He's not a complete bust so far like Wells/Pujols/Hamilton but he's been a disappointment to me. It's too early to bail on a 5 year deal but it doesn't look like we'll be getting full value out of that money 

3 minutes ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

Upton will have 30 home runs and 100 RBIs this year.

And that doesn't automatically make it worth it. Any Joe Schmo could have a lot of RBI's hitting behind Trout.

I'm not saying he won't heat up but he needs to do a lot more than put together solid counting stats to be worth 21 million. I want to see his OPS around .840 by seasons end. .800 should be his minimum.  That isn't asking for too much. That's close to his career average

3 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

And that doesn't automatically make it worth it. Any Joe Schmo could have a lot of RBI's hitting behind Trout.

I'm not saying he won't heat up but he needs to do a lot more than put together solid counting stats to be worth 21 million. I want to see his OPS around .840 by seasons end. .800 should be his minimum.  That isn't asking for too much. That's close to his career average

We overpaid for Upton for sure, but imagine having holes in right and left field this year. Pujols is off the books before Upton makes $28 million in his final year here.

45 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

He will be. His OPS was .813 on May 17th, just 13 games ago. 

His highest OPS was 1.005 on April 7. He then dropped to a .657 OPS on May 1. Which then rose to .818 on May 15. 

He's streaky as F*ck. 

2 hours ago, Erstad Grit said:

i don't agree.

that's because trumbo was a third baseman, and we all know it deep down in our hearts.

9 hours ago, JarsOfClay said:

He's not really a good player, he has one or 2 good games then follows it with a string of 5 or 6 bad games. Inconsistency is not a trait of good players.

Some think AVG is overrated, but to me a low avg is someone that makes too many outs.

I dont hate Upton, I knew he was an overrated player before he came here. I just hate that the angels keep signing aging players to high contracts and all the fans get is an old team with a bloated payroll and a mediocre product on the field. And they've been doing it for several years now and it's gotten them no where.

Whatever happened to developing our own players? 

The developing is happening as we speak.   The farm is in far better shape than it’s been in at least 6-7 years and maybe a lot longer than that.

Upton does have the knack when on to help carry a team.

This hand injury came at a sucky time.

16 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

This has been one of the most frustrating threads on this board in awhile. Some of you are just Facking nuts. The only problem with Upton is that he doesn't live up to the expectations some of you guys are putting on him. 

There’s also the guys who hated him for no specific reason 

My favorite part of this thread is it is the usual suspects that look dumb.  If I were to ask a normal person on here who are the complainers and the least likely to be patient about the Angels on AngelsWin, that constantly bitch about things, they would undoubtably name most if not all of the guys in this thread.  So when you tell those guys he is streaky, they ignore it and assume he is awful or that the Angels made a catastrophic signing.  It makes me smile.  

8 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

My favorite part of this thread is it is the usual suspects that look dumb.  If I were to ask a normal person on here who are the complainers and the least likely to be patient about the Angels on AngelsWin, that constantly bitch about things, they would undoubtably name most if not all of the guys in this thread.  So when you tell those guys he is streaky, they ignore it and assume he is awful or that the Angels made a catastrophic signing.  It makes me smile.  

But muh high leverage