• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Upton

35 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

Well he has played 83 games for us and has hit 18 home runs and 50 RBI with an OPS+ of 115.  He’s a lot better than you guys think he is.  I agree that his batting average is too low, but he has a good OBP.  If batting average is how you are going to judge him then you are choosing to not like him.  He is a guy that is streaky, but you know that.  He has some really good games and it is radio silience from his haters.  When he has a bad game or a bad at bat, you ladies start your chirping.  You truly don’t deserve good players.  Also calling him a disaster signing makes you look incredibly stupid, in my opinion.  

He's not really a good player, he has one or 2 good games then follows it with a string of 5 or 6 bad games. Inconsistency is not a trait of good players.

Some think AVG is overrated, but to me a low avg is someone that makes too many outs.

I dont hate Upton, I knew he was an overrated player before he came here. I just hate that the angels keep signing aging players to high contracts and all the fans get is an old team with a bloated payroll and a mediocre product on the field. And they've been doing it for several years now and it's gotten them no where.

Whatever happened to developing our own players? 

Just now, JarsOfClay said:

He's not really a good player, he has one or 2 good games then follows it with a string of 5 or 6 bad games. Inconsistency is not a trait of good players.

Some think AVG is overrated, but to me a low avg is someone that makes too many outs.

I dont hate Upton, I knew he was an overrated player before he came here. I just hate that the angels keep signing aging players to high contracts and all the fans get is an old team with a bloated payroll and a mediocre product on the field. And they've been doing it for several years now and it's gotten them no where.

Dude I am pretty sure you didn’t like the trade to get him.  He is a very good player, denying that is on you, not on him.  As for aging players he is in his age 30 season, so when the contract is up he will be in his age 34 season, that really isn’t old.  If you are against that then you are against basically all free agency.  Most free agents these days are closing in on 30.  The ones that aren’t yet 30 get longer more expensive contracts, like Heyward.  Upton was signed because Dipoto didn’t believe in developing our own players.  A lot of high ceiling talent come out of high school.  So most of our high caliber outfield talent and we have at least 3 of them are probably about an average age of 19 (Devereau, Adell and Marsh).  Not all of these guys will pan out, but we will have one opening sooner rather than later with Calhoun.  Upton can DH his last two years if these players are ready.  

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

You're the type of member that flaps his lips with nothing to back them up with. 

Upton High Leverage .270/.357/.499/.856

1 hour ago, The Boogie Man said:

But those numbers would suggest the opposite of what Clod said.  That is so weird.  We might need  you to check your math.  

This is what we’re getting. I could care less about what he did for the Diamondbacks five years ago. I’m talking about what we are getting from Upton this season. It’s pretty pathetic for what the team has committed to him in return. 

Compare Matt Kemp and Justin Upton this season just for fun.

2B120BD1-ECDA-402B-A7A0-3A04FD3CFB7D.jpeg

6A6610AC-0C70-4607-9F84-E73CD7E01F71.jpeg

39 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

Dude, you must think Trout is not a good player, either. From 5/10-5/22 (12 games), Trout went 4 for 33 (.121).

30 minutes ago, OHTANILAND said:

This is what we’re getting. I could care less about what he did for the Diamondbacks five years ago. I’m talking about what we are getting from Upton this season. It’s pretty pathetic for what the team has committed to him in return. 

Compare Matt Kemp and Justin Upton this season just for fun.

2B120BD1-ECDA-402B-A7A0-3A04FD3CFB7D.jpeg

6A6610AC-0C70-4607-9F84-E73CD7E01F71.jpeg

You really are a stupid FWad. Career averages are more telling than any two month span. Just please stop doing this. 

1 hour ago, JarsOfClay said:

I dont like how after he misplays a ball in the outfield instead of going after it and making sure the runner doesn't take an extra base(s), he just gives up on it and stands there with his thumb up his ass.

Can’t think of a time he has done this 

How about as long ago as last night? Trout backed him up, but if he didnt, Choo would have hit another inside the park homerun like Edwin Encarnacion did a few weeks ago.

Or he saw that Trout was there and didn’t go after the ball.  The opening night thing, that was bad.  

1 hour ago, The Boogie Man said:

Hey @JarsOfClay did you like Garret Anderson?  

I was ambivalent about Garret. I thought he was kinda lazy in the field, but he wasn't so bad as to completely miss an easy fly ball and then not chase after it.

As I remember he didn't walk much, but hit for high average with a lot of doubles and some power. He was a solid player. 

I was ambivalent about Garret. I thought he was kinda lazy in the field, but he wasn't so bad as to completely miss an easy fly ball and then not chase after it.

As I remember he didn't walk much, but hit for high average with a lot of doubles and some power. He was a solid player. 

Ok, well Upton is better, and makes fewer outs.  As for missing an easy fly ball and not chasing after it, that hasn’t happened.  

7 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

Was a homegrown local who has a ring. I’m good with him.

2 hours ago, OHTANILAND said:

Yes and no. Upton is streaky. He’s the type of player that shits the bed in tight important games but hammers 4-6 home runs in one week when we’re already trailing by 16 games. It looks good on the back of his baseball card though.

LOL...

Career OPS

None on  - .818
2 outs RISP - .859
Late and Close - .862
Tie game - .861
Within 1  - .842

High Leverage - .856
Medium  - .826
Low - .811

In short..  His actual performance history is that the more crucial the situation... the better he has performed.  

But please..  continue to lie to yourself.

30 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

LOL...

Career OPS

None on  - .818
2 outs RISP - .859
Late and Close - .862
Tie game - .861
Within 1  - .842

High Leverage - .856
Medium  - .826
Low - .811

In short..  His actual performance history is that the more crucial the situation... the better he has performed.  

But please..  continue to lie to yourself.

But he's talking about what he's done for the Angels IP. Remember the narrative!

3 hours ago, The Boogie Man said:

No they won’t look hilarious, because they will just disappear or continue to talk shit because of the thing he didn’t do or because of the team record.  

I'm looking forward to 9 years from now when Sosh gets criticized for not taking out Upton during the 6th inning of a game we won in April.