• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jim Johnson

Lou

7 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Unfortunately, Billy equaled Dip*ssy in one way this off-season.   An equally putrid adding of relievers, like Dip*ssy did after 2012.

Eppler did a fantastic job of finding undervalued pieces for the pen last year -- then he dropped the ball and failed to resign any of them.   Anytime a guy goes too hard in any one direction it tends to come back to bite them in the ass.

2 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Eppler did a fantastic job of finding undervalued pieces for the pen last year -- then he dropped the ball and failed to resign any of them.   Anytime a guy goes too hard in any one direction it tends to come back to bite them in the ass.

I hope he has learned his lesson.

2 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Something has to be done.   The org better develop some relievers then.  Otherwise, the post-season will continue to be elusive.

It is development until then it is  trading for pitchers that are performing in that season.  

2 minutes ago, REDneck said:

Well to be frank if Eppler had signed those guys not performing well to big contracts than he would also deserve some criticism.

You don't get very far in sports without a good GM...and the number 1 job of a GM is to sign good players at fair prices.

Not punt like he did in the bullpen

I agree

42 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Is it all Eppler, or is Arte telling him to go cheap on relief pitching?

Eppler strikes me as being too bright for that on his own.

Why wouldn't it be on Eppler?   Not spending on the pen is an old school saber mentality...  Epp has proven to be much more saber inclined than he let on... imo, not throwing money at BP arms fits him to a T...  He tried to replicate last years successes with a new set of arms -- it just hasn't worked.   RP volatility is a thing.  Not planning for it is a mistake -- he needed to have grabbed another arm or two just to account for the possibility that someone would shit the bed.   

I also think he saw something in the data that argued Johnson had something left in the tank.  It just hasn't worked... JJ looks every bit as punch drunk as when he last pitched in the AL.    It's funny because while most of us would agree he's been awful -- but his peripherals entering tonight's game were arguably the best he's managed since 2012 or so...   He's been incredibly UN-clutch.

Edited by Inside Pitch

9 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Jim Johnson...you had to be blind to not think this would be the result of his performance coming into the season.

I honestly didn’t think he was going to be used in high leverage situations, but Sosh hasn’t had much to work with in this year’s BP so what are you gonna do?