• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tommy John Surgery

12 minutes ago, HaloNArizona said:

I'll admit, I dont follow other teams as closely as I do the Angels...but what the heck is going on..

Myers

Smith

Middleton

Rameriz

Wood

That seems like a lot of players lost to TJS in one year....not including the past of Skaggs, Heaney and Trop.

Smith and Meyers didn't have TJ surgery..    One's got a torn labrum (shoulder), the other had anterior capsule surgery on his shoulder....   

https://www.si.com/edge/2015/07/30/examining-tommy-john-surgery-youth-baseball-mlb

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/tommy-john-epidemic-elbow-surgery-glenn-fleisig-yu-darvish/

This was a problem for MLB before it became a problem for the Angels...

Just now, Inside Pitch said:

Smith and Meyers didn't have TJ surgery..    One's got a torn labia (vagina), the other had anterior capsule surgery on his shoulder....   

https://www.si.com/edge/2015/07/30/examining-tommy-john-surgery-youth-baseball-mlb

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/tommy-john-epidemic-elbow-surgery-glenn-fleisig-yu-darvish/

This was a problem for MLB before it became a problem for the Angels...

FTFY

Don't forget Goose. The scoreboard didn't have appropriate padding, a lawyer for the plaintiff claims. Dr James Andrews will perform the surgery in whatever one would consider a goose's elbow to be. Observers remain slightly concerned that the legendary surgeon could not describe the surgery he is expected to perform tomorrow morning, some going as far as describing the doctor as a "Quack."

Kyle Glaser Retweeted

For everyone freaking out over the Rays having 3 pitchers in their system undergo TJ surgery this year, I have recorded at least 170 different instances of 3 players in the same org having TJ surgeries closer together than Honeywell/De Leon/Banda. It's not good, but it's typical.

On 5/30/2018 at 2:15 PM, HaloNArizona said:

I'll admit, I dont follow other teams as closely as I do the Angels...but what the heck is going on..

Myers

Smith

Middleton

Rameriz

Wood

That seems like a lot of players lost to TJS in one year....not including the past of Skaggs, Heaney and Trop.

Where were you two years ago?

Tropeano, Heaney, Richards,  Skaggs 

13 minutes ago, HaloNArizona said:

I almost went down that path.  Seems like a lot more than normal.

And yet it's typical....

On 6/5/2018 at 3:24 PM, Inside Pitch said:
Kyle Glaser Retweeted

For everyone freaking out over the Rays having 3 pitchers in their system undergo TJ surgery this year, I have recorded at least 170 different instances of 3 players in the same org having TJ surgeries closer together than Honeywell/De Leon/Banda. It's not good, but it's typical.

My 12 year old son's pitching coach is Eric Vaughn Plunk . 

Eric Plunk
Pitcher
Born: September 3, 1963 (age 54)
Wilmington, California
Batted: Right Threw: Right
MLB debut
May 12, 1986, for the Oakland Athletics
Last MLB appearance
October 2, 1999, for the Milwaukee Brewers
MLB statistics
Win–loss record 72–58
Earned run average 3.82
Strikeouts 1,081
Teams

Excellent coach and has really help my son become a above average travel ball pitcher. Anyways, he believes current pitchers are trying to do too much with their pitches and altering their mechanics thus causing arm problems. Plunk pitched 14 years at the ML level with only one stint on the 10 day DL ... maybe he's right.