• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Medical Update on RHPs Blake Wood and Matt Shoemaker

3 hours ago, beatlesrule said:

Why can't people here do some simple research?  He pitched 16.1 innings in June of 2017.

Ha. Are you really questioning my search skills. O ye, of little faith.  I wasn't referring to Shoemaker not pitching in June but rather this comment you made:

"I wanted pretty much the entire roster traded at the deadline"

Now, to show off my exemplary search skills, I present to  you the following:

image.jpeg

As you can see:

1. You made no reference to trading Shoemaker in June 2017.

2. I conducted the search at 2:38am, before you asked the question: "Why can't people here do some simple research? "

image.gif

9 hours ago, Warfarin said:

I wouldn't be surprised if both have thrown their last pitch for us.  Well, Wood is pretty much a given, but I gotta think this is probably the end of the line with Shoemaker, unless he comes back for a token game or two.  No way they offer him arbitration (and thus avoiding a contract of 6mil+).

I think Shoemaker is worth waiting on even if they put him in the bullpen.

9 hours ago, beatlesrule said:

Shoemaker definitely pitched in June.  I mixed up Wood with our other relievers.  I wanted pretty much the entire roster traded at the deadline.  We'd be sitting much prettier right now if we did.  I posted a podcast last year where they discussed the haul the Angels could get. Arte is against that because he wants the illusion of a winning team to get to that magic 3 million attendance number. Even though we were clearly not going to get to the playoffs.

So.. when I said..  Shoemaker had been on the DL for 6 weeks...  What part of that didn't you get?   Trade Deadline is July 31st....   Go 6 weeks back.....  Mid June.     Anyway, would you kindly name who all was available to trade at the time?    Skaggs and Richards were both on the DL along with Shoemaker.  Tropeano had not yet come back from TJ, neither had Heaney...   They did trade Maybin and David Hernandez.     Bud Norris had just blown up twice the week before the deadline and shattered his value.  Nobody was going to take AP and the world seemed to not wan't Escobar....   So you had three players with any sort of value.   Trout, Simmons, and Calhoun.   Of those three who did you actually advocate trading, because I really don't remember you pushing for any of those to be traded away -- what I do remember is you bitching they weren't going to be adding anyone...  and then.. they did.

Edited by Inside Pitch

Lou posted that Shoe didn't pitch in June 2017 which I showed that he did. IP mentioned 6 weeks but also stated from June on which I took as the entire month which Lou also got confused with hence his Shoe pitch in June of 2016 not 2017. I also mentioned I wanted pretty much the entire roster which also meant bullpen so guys like Cam and yes Escobar could have been traded for something. He could still hit. Looks like I wanted Shoemaker gone before last year.  I could see the writing on the wall with him. The Angels needed to do a mini fire sale at the deadline. Are we all still glad the Angels didn't replace Calhoun with Yelich?  If Calhoun was traded at the deadline last year, the Angels would have had the players to get Yelich. Oh well.

I didn't want Trout or Simmons gone and obviously Pujols isn't going anywhere(he's a whole other issue) but the team needed a major shakeup and I am still angry Arte was foolish enough to think the team had a shot. There's no way I and others here are better scouts than the pros but it sure seems that way since this team is still mostly hanging onto it's players they drafted that haven't done much and the scouts are pretty terrible at the ones they do draft(haven't replaced Glaus or Kendrick, no ace, no closer etc)  Again, he loves the illusion of having a winning team to get to that 3 million mark.  I know it's over and done with but the team would be in a better position today and that still latest?cb=20100119021134 They've been to the playoffs one time with Trout and got swept.  They have the best baseball player and still can't manage to figure out how to win with him despite a big payroll.  That's pretty pathetic.

1 hour ago, beatlesrule said:

Lou posted that Shoe didn't pitch in June 2017 which I showed that he did. IP mentioned 6 weeks but also stated from June on which I took as the entire month which Lou also got confused with hence his Shoe pitch in June of 2016 not 2017. I also mentioned I wanted pretty much the entire roster which also meant bullpen so guys like Cam and yes Escobar could have been traded for something. He could still hit.

All of June would have been 8 weeks... 6 weeks mid June -- it wasn't that tricky...  Does it really matter though?  Your initial suggestion that you wanted him gone at the deadline is moot -- he was on the DL and untradeable. 

Escobar was so in demand and people think so much of his hitting that nobody bothered to offer him a contract at even league minimum in 2018.  Bedrosian had his stint on the DL, came back with reduced velocity and in the 14.2 innings he pitched after returning from the DL he put up an ERA of 6.75.  He was expendable only because he was pitching poorly, and few teams in contention are looking to trade for guys pitching poorly.

When it's all said and done the one guy you can successfully point to as legit trade bait was.... Calhoun.   

1 hour ago, beatlesrule said:

Are we all still glad the Angels didn't replace Calhoun with Yelich?  If Calhoun was traded at the deadline last year, the Angels would have had the players to get Yelich. Oh well.

If only reality were at all a factor in your thought processes.   The Marlins traded Yelich only after their sale and only after he demanded to be traded -- prior to that they claimed they wanted to keep him.  So, despite his having made every attempt to burn every bridge and demand out of Miami, the Marlins still managed to get THREE top 100 prospects and a SP coming off a 2.51 ERA season where he K'd 113 .vs 30 BB over 111 innings.   

We didn't have a single top 100 prospect in the system at the deadline much less 3 plus the SP...  More importantly Yelich at that point had no desire to be traded and the Marlins weren't looking to move him.  

In short, "Nope".

Edited by Inside Pitch

Like I stated, if the Angels traded Calhoun at the deadline, they would have had prospects to include to get Yelich after the Marlins fire sale. I obviously did not make that clear.

Didn't I make a thread poll about people that were on team fire sale? I'm not good with the searches but I'm pretty sure I made a post seeing how many people wanted the team to sell at the deadline.