• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Medical Update on RHPs Blake Wood and Matt Shoemaker

Just got this from the Angels:

“Blake Wood will undergo surgery with Dr. Neal ElAttrache tomorrow in Los Angeles to address the damage to his UCL. Additional information will be provided following the procedure.”

“Matt Shoemaker underwent forearm surgery (nerve decompression and pronator teres tendon repair) with Dr. Steve Shin this morning in Los Angeles. Additional information will be provided when appropriate.”

55 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

Hmmm....our doctor is named El Attrache??? 

Which I'm pretty sure is "the attacher" in spanish? Coincidence that he works for us? I think not...

I was under the impression that the name is Syrian (or middle-eastern) for "the deaf."

3 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

Hmmm....our doctor is named El Attrache??? 

Which I'm pretty sure is "the attacher" in spanish? Coincidence that he works for us? I think not...

He is the top sports orthopedist in the world...

4 hours ago, beatlesrule said:

Not to sound like a broken record but I wanted to trade these guys at last years deadline. Stinking  Stubborn Arte!

Lol....

Blake Wood was a Cincinnati Red at the deadline last year, the Angels didn't acquire him until late August.   Matt Shoemaker was on the DL from June on last year.

So you wanted to trade a guy we didn't have and someone that had been on the DL for six weeks at the deadline...  brilliant!!!

If only it wasn't for Stinking Stubborn Arte...

I wouldn't be surprised if both have thrown their last pitch for us.  Well, Wood is pretty much a given, but I gotta think this is probably the end of the line with Shoemaker, unless he comes back for a token game or two.  No way they offer him arbitration (and thus avoiding a contract of 6mil+).

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

Lol....

Blake Wood was a Cincinnati Red at the deadline last year, the Angels didn't acquire him until late August.   Matt Shoemaker was on the DL from June on last year.

So you wanted to trade a guy we didn't have and someone that had been on the DL for six weeks at the deadline...  brilliant!!!

dr dre oh snap GIF

2 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Lol....

Shoemaker definitely pitched in June.  I mixed up Wood with our other relievers.  I wanted pretty much the entire roster traded at the deadline.  We'd be sitting much prettier right now if we did.  I posted a podcast last year where they discussed the haul the Angels could get. Arte is against that because he wants the illusion of a winning team to get to that magic 3 million attendance number. Even though we were clearly not going to get to the playoffs.

3 hours ago, beatlesrule said:

Shoemaker definitely pitched in June.  I mixed up Wood with our other relievers.  I wanted pretty much the entire roster traded at the deadline.  We'd be sitting much prettier right now if we did.  I posted a podcast last year where they discussed the haul the Angels could get. Arte is against that because he wants the illusion of a winning team to get to that magic 3 million attendance number. Even though we were clearly not going to get to the playoffs.

That was 2016.