• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

This offensive Offense

I just saw today's lineup posted over at Facebook.

Valbuena, Kinsler, and Calhoun are in, of course. 

Was it Einstein who said that insanity was attempting to do the same thing over and over again without success? 

Some major changes have to made or our playoff possibilities will go right down the drain. This offense is dreadful, and the manager as stubborn as can be. His bosses need to step in before it's too late.

1 minute ago, fan_since79 said:

Was it Einstein who said that insanity was attempting to do the same thing over and over again without success? 

Some major changes have to made or our playoff possibilities will go right down the drain. This offense is dreadful, and the manager as stubborn as can be. His bosses need to step in before it's too late.

Completely agree changes need to be made, but FS who should start instead of those three that are currently on the roster?  

Is Young better?

Is Marte better?  I know he is AWFUL defensively, he’s part of the reason the bases were loaded yesterday.  

This isn’t defending Scioscia, it is realizing that until actual humans are on the team, that can perform better than we currently have, what is the point of bringing it up?  

1 minute ago, The Boogie Man said:

Completely agree changes need to be made, but FS who should start instead of those three that are currently on the roster?  

Is Young better?

Is Marte better?  I know he is AWFUL defensively, he’s part of the reason the bases were loaded yesterday.  

This isn’t defending Scioscia, it is realizing that until actual humans are on the team, that can perform better than we currently have, what is the point of bringing it up?  

There are several personnel down in the minors whose names have been mentioned and discussed on multiple threads.

I don't know when the exact time is to bring one or more of them up, but Kinsler and Valbuena have no place in a major league lineup.

Shift Cozart to 2nd base and use Marte more. Put him at 3rd for now. Isn't his defense there not as bad as at first base? Albert can play most days at 1st base. When he needs a day off, use Valbuena there if you must. 

Calhoun, we probably have little choice right now, as Young is as bad as him or worse.

Kinsler should not get any more at-bats except in a reserve capacity. He can be a later innings defensive replacement with Cozart moving back to third. You can minimize any defensive liability with Marte in the late innings by getting him out of the game.

13 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

There are several personnel down in the minors whose names have been mentioned and discussed on multiple threads.

I don't know when the exact time is to bring one or more of them up, but Kinsler and Valbuena have no place in a major league lineup.

Shift Cozart to 2nd base and use Marte more. Put him at 3rd for now. Isn't his defense there not as bad as at first base? Albert can play most days at 1st base. When he needs a day off, use Valbuena there if you must. 

Calhoun, we probably have little choice right now, as Young is as bad as him or worse.

Kinsler should not get any more at-bats except in a reserve capacity. He can be a later innings defensive replacement with Cozart moving back to third. You can minimize any defensive liability with Marte in the late innings by getting him out of the game.

At this point, why not just DFA valbuena or Marte and bring in someone like JMF? 2 crappy redundant players just taking at bats from others. I'd say give the RF job to Hermosillo. If Calhoun really is better then let him earn it. No reason to have so many black holes in the lineup when theres plenty of people who you would assume could give you .175 out of the RF and 2B spot. If you get anything north of that, then wouldn't that be considered a valid change? Keep them on the roster for late inning defensive replacements. Eppler needs to force Scioscia's hand on this one as he's incapable of making the right move on his own.

It would be pretty cool to replace Calhoun/Valbuena/Kinsler with Hermosillo/JMF/Fletcher. ? I understand why we aren't doing that (kinda), but man...I would enjoy watching this team a lot more if we tried something like that...not really 100% sure what else JMF and Fletcher have to prove in the minors right now. As far as Calhoun...last time I went to a game, beach balls kept getting knocked onto the field from the stands. I kinda wanted Scioscia to start one of those beach balls at RF instead of Calhoun.

JMF is not on the 40 man roster... that's probably a contributing factor to his not being called up. 

If he is called up - can he be sent down without having to go through waivers?

25 minutes ago, krAbs said:

It would be pretty cool to replace Calhoun/Valbuena/Kinsler with Hermosillo/JMF/Fletcher. ? I understand why we aren't doing that (kinda), but man...I would enjoy watching this team a lot more if we tried something like that...not really 100% sure what else JMF and Fletcher have to prove in the minors right now. As far as Calhoun...last time I went to a game, beach balls kept getting knocked onto the field from the stands. I kinda wanted Scioscia to start one of those beach balls at RF instead of Calhoun.

I'm betting that if the pitcher threw a beach ball that Calhoun still wouldn't be able to hit it with a tennis racket.

1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

Unless you mean changes to the batting order..  not sure he is the one making the call who is on the 25 man or not.   At least they are all being made to sit together at the bottom of the lineup ...  Which is awful for different reasons.

2 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

1 hour ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

At this point, why not just DFA valbuena or Marte and bring in someone like JMF? 2 crappy redundant players just taking at bats from others. I'd say give the RF job to Hermosillo. If Calhoun really is better then let him earn it. No reason to have so many black holes in the lineup when theres plenty of people who you would assume could give you .175 out of the RF and 2B spot. If you get anything north of that, then wouldn't that be considered a valid change? Keep them on the roster for late inning defensive replacements. Eppler needs to force Scioscia's hand on this one as he's incapable of making the right move on his own.

I agree with both of these posts, except I think Marte is less than good, so I wouldn't start him.  I would probably just release them both and bring up Cowart and JMF and let them battle it out to see who starts and where.  

5 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

Quit blaming the manager when it's the GM he decides who is on the roster!