• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official TROUTstanding Thread

Chuck

44 minutes ago, Dick B Back said:

I’m probably one of the few here to see Mays play live in his prime. Too bad he lost almost 2 years when drafted during the Korean War.

I saw Willie Mays Hayes on the big screen.

Enjoy Mike Trout Whether the Angels are Winning or Not

From Forbes:

Excerpt:

“There’s always going to be some doubters,” Trout said. “For me, I just have fun going to the ballpark. I just want to be the best every day. I think if you look or you read into the doubters that’s when you get in trouble.

“I just try to be as positive as I can. People are going to say whatever they want about you. It doesn’t matter whether you’re doing good or bad. And you’re always going to be compared to somebody. For me, nothing matters. I just play the game.”

More...

Similarly, Trout has been sizzling so far in June, batting .433 with a .557 on-base percentage and playing center field so well he’s made great gains in all the defensive metrics. Thus far, Trout has been on base 44 times in 80 plate appearances (26 hits). His OPS for the month is a gaudy 1.307. Meanwhile, the Angels are 10-8.

I’ve always thought you have to separate the two: outstanding personal performance from that of the team. If you get both, now that's a wonderful bonus.

“I have no control over any of that,” Trout said. “This year there have been a lot of ups and downs. We’ve been banged up the last few weeks. You lose your two aces [Ohtani and Garrett Richards]. The guy in the middle of your lineup [Ohtani] and your shortstop [Andrelton Simmons] for a while. Meanwhile, guys are banged up and playing. We’re just going through a rough stretch right now. You just have to turn the page.”

Ha!

9 minutes ago, True Grich said:

Enjoy Mike Trout Whether the Angels are Winning or Not

From Forbes:

Excerpt:

“There’s always going to be some doubters,” Trout said. “For me, I just have fun going to the ballpark. I just want to be the best every day. I think if you look or you read into the doubters that’s when you get in trouble.

“I just try to be as positive as I can. People are going to say whatever they want about you. It doesn’t matter whether you’re doing good or bad. And you’re always going to be compared to somebody. For me, nothing matters. I just play the game.”

More...

Similarly, Trout has been sizzling so far in June, batting .433 with a .557 on-base percentage and playing center field so well he’s made great gains in all the defensive metrics. Thus far, Trout has been on base 44 times in 80 plate appearances (26 hits). His OPS for the month is a gaudy 1.307. Meanwhile, the Angels are 10-8.

I’ve always thought you have to separate the two: outstanding personal performance from that of the team. If you get both, now that's a wonderful bonus.

“I have no control over any of that,” Trout said. “This year there have been a lot of ups and downs. We’ve been banged up the last few weeks. You lose your two aces [Ohtani and Garrett Richards]. The guy in the middle of your lineup [Ohtani] and your shortstop [Andrelton Simmons] for a while. Meanwhile, guys are banged up and playing. We’re just going through a rough stretch right now. You just have to turn the page.”

Ha!

mike trout thumbs up GIF by MLB

3 hours ago, Dick B Back said:

In today’s “what have you done for me lately” world...

Last 3 games

1 hit

6 K’s

Get on the frickin’ stick Mikey! I wasted a bunch of my valuable time registering all star votes for you bud.

To be fair, he struck out looking twice yesterday on pitches that should have been called balls.

His WAR pace really suffered over the last week, both because he wasn't hitting and because he was DHing so his Def Runs went down quite  a bit. After tonight's game he's at 6.3 fWAR...not sure about rWAR...it was 6.7 before the game so probably 6.8. He's still on pace for ~12 fWAR and ~13 rWAR.

Anyhow, he's probably going to be at 7+ by the ASB...not sure when the last time a player was at 7 at the ASB...my guess is Bonds.

Highest fWAR, 1st Half (1974-2018)

7.0 Joe Morgan, 1975

6.7 Barry Bonds, 2002

6.4 Miguel Cabrera, 2013

6.4 Frank Thomas, 1994

6.3 Mike Trout, 2018 (14 games to go)

6.3 Barry Bonds, 2004

6.1 Darin Erstad, 2000

6.1 Rickey Henderson, 1990

6.0 Jose Bautista, 2011

6.0 Lance Berkman, 2010

6.0 Barry Bonds, 2001

6.0 Alex Rodriguez, 2000

6.0 Barry Bonds, 1993

6.0 Cal Ripken, 1991

I couldn't go back further than 1974 as Fangraphs doesn't have stats for half seasons before then. Barring another slump, Trout should equal or surpass Morgan.

5 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

Highest fWAR, 1st Half (1974-2018)

7.0 Joe Morgan, 1975

6.7 Barry Bonds, 2002

6.4 Miguel Cabrera, 2013

6.4 Frank Thomas, 1994

6.3 Mike Trout, 2018 (14 games to go)

6.3 Barry Bonds, 2004

6.1 Darin Erstad, 2000

6.1 Rickey Henderson, 1990

6.0 Jose Bautista, 2011

6.0 Lance Berkman, 2010

6.0 Barry Bonds, 2001

6.0 Alex Rodriguez, 2000

6.0 Barry Bonds, 1993

6.0 Cal Ripken, 1991

I couldn't go back further than 1974 as Fangraphs doesn't have stats for half seasons before then. Barring another slump, Trout should equal or surpass Morgan.

Joe f’ing Morgan... everyone should have known that.