• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official TROUTstanding Thread

Chuck

Jeff PassanVerified account @JeffPassan

The Mike Troutest thing ever is that he's on pace to have the single greatest season in MLB history and hasn't won American League Player of the Week once this year. Or last year. Or in 2016, either. Last time he won: July 12, 2015. He's just that good every week.

1 hour ago, True Grich said:

Jeff PassanVerified account @JeffPassan

The Mike Troutest thing ever is that he's on pace to have the single greatest season in MLB history and hasn't won American League Player of the Week once this year. Or last year. Or in 2016, either. Last time he won: July 12, 2015. He's just that good every week.

They should change the award to AL Player of the Week (Other than Trout).

Anyone find it a little odd that catcher's interference is an error and no plate appearance, but being hit by a pitch is counted as a plate appearance and time on base? With the error, I guess they are making sure the pitcher isn't punished for the catcher's mistake. Still kinda weird.that they give batters credit for HBP.

The hit or error segment on MLB Now is interesting. 

I was almost going to make a separate thread on this, but decided to keep it here.

Some responses to Buster Olney's twitter post on Trout and WAR.

"As a lifelong Mariners fan who really hates the Angels, I just can’t not love Mike Trout. It’s awesome how much we get to see of him. I used to think he teed off on M’s pitching, but apparently he does that to everyone. GOAT, no question."

"When will Olney and ESPN realize that there are other players and teams in MLB?"

"Fuckin war is the most overrated stat, Trout is good but man, is disturbing how some journalist are talking about him as the Goat with only 7,8 seasons"

"This is utter craziness. He boggles my freaking mind. I would truly love to ask him, DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW GREAT YOU ARE?"

"Let’s all pray he never lowers himself to play for Yankees. It’s a privilege to watch this man play."

https://twitter.com/Buster_ESPN/status/1009477534344466432

After 2015 I thought Harper had a chance of surpassing Trout as the best player in the game, and while Harper is still only 25, I don’t see that happening anymore.

At some point Trout will be surpassed by someone, but it might not be until he is in significant decline. I’m reminded of the situation in men’s tennis, with Nadal and Federer back on top at age 32 and 36 and no one from younger generations really challenging them.