• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official TROUTstanding Thread

Chuck

13 minutes ago, HaloNArizona said:

A few stats to ponder (for us mere mortals):

In comparison to both players in the AL and NL:

BA - #12

OBP - #1

Slg - #2

OPS - #2

WAR - #1

HR #1

RBI #14

Runs #1

SB - #13

Defensive War: #4 for CFers

But I thought Harper is better because he plays with more passion.

On 6/4/2018 at 8:54 AM, eaterfan said:

https://www.theringer.com/mlb/2018/6/4/17423738/mike-trout-defensive-improvement-best-season-ever

A nice article on the ringer about Trout's improved defense and his pursuit of the best season ever.

Really enjoyed this article but one thing seemed peculiar to me. The author mentions that the catch he made on June 3rd was the only five star catch. Why/how would the catch he made against Baltimore a few years back not be considered as a five star catch? Is range/distance run weighted more than other factors? 

5 hours ago, Gavin said:

Really enjoyed this article but one thing seemed peculiar to me. The author mentions that the catch he made on June 3rd was the only five star catch. Why/how would the catch he made against Baltimore a few years back not be considered as a five star catch? Is range/distance run weighted more than other factors? 

That catch was pre stat-cast era. The rating system used is based on stat-cast data.

2 hours ago, Dick B Back said:

https://www.mlb.com/news/mike-trout-is-great-beyond-description/c-281333256

Fabulous article (sorry if its a craig). The Bill James “Black Ink” write up for those not into WAR is amazing.

Written by Joe Posnanski... easily my favorite sports writer of all time.  Great stuff.

Including today, at 5.7 fWAR through 70 games. The naturally conservative projections have him at 10.9 at end of season. "Conservative." At current pace he goes for 13.7. My God. 

No literally, I pray to Trout Jesus. 

9 hours ago, 101halo said:

Including today, at 5.7 fWAR through 70 games. The naturally conservative projections have him at 10.9 at end of season. "Conservative." At current pace he goes for 13.7. My God. 

No literally, I pray to Trout Jesus. 

He's up to 5.9 now. 6.2 bWAR. 

Demigod.