• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official TROUTstanding Thread

Chuck

On 7/13/2021 at 10:22 PM, Dochalo said:

It really hit me today as to how much I miss Trout after not seeing him play in the AS game.  

If Ohtani wasn't ripping it up the Angels would be close to unwatchable right now. I still can't understand how they win any games with four replacement players every game. The entire outfield should be on the bench or AAA. 

Trout and Upton need to get back into the lineup. Rendon has been completely unreliable so at this point I don't care what he does. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Angels 1961 said:

What if Trout cannot play in OF? Does he DH? Where does Ohtani play? 2 anchors around halos now Rendon and Trout.

This year? If he can't play the outfield then he won't play at all, is my guess, or maybe make a few starts at DH just to say hi.

I don't see why he won't be able to play the OF next year. Worst-case scenario and they move him over to LF and put Marsh in CF, with Adell in RF and Upton subbing in. In fact, it might be a good way to both edge Upton towards the door ("Mike has to play LF to protect his calf") and transition Trout to where he'll eventually end up ("We want to protect your calf").

RF involves fewer plays than LF, but Trout's arm is mediocre at best. 

Best-case scenario and he comes back fit and healthy, having traded away cross-fit for yoga, and capable of playing center for a few more years. 

• 2 weeks later...
Mike Trout
12:38
Having been wasted for 8 seasons now, do you think my injury makes me only a 2 or 3 WAR player from now on? Do I ever make it back to the playoffs?

Mark P
12:40
There hasn't been any indication that Trout's injury is anything long-term, though it is troubling in a bigger picture that Trout has missed quite a bit of time with a variety of injuries in the last few years.

It's a sign of how awesome Trout has been that being "only" a 2-3 WAR player counts as a massive decline.  But there isn't yet any sign that a healthy Trout isn't still capable of being one of the game's very best

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...