• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Supreme Court decision of the day

39 minutes ago, Jason said:

Which may a big factor in all of this

It may be but I don't believe Trump voiced that as a reason unless I missed it. I think the main concern was cost and maybe readiness but the article you posted mentioned the 2016 study from the Pentagon showed both those things were marginal. 

We also have plenty of military personnel coming home from combat suffering from PTSD who really shouldn't have weapons as well so it isn't just transgender people we should be concerned about if that is the worry.

Having said that, this isn't all that bad since Trump didn't get what he initially wanted and that was a ban on everyone that was transgender. 

Again, good for them for wanting to serve their country and for the time being, maybe there are there are other ways they can do that. 

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Their rates of suicide at 10 times higher than the normal rates. I think underlying mental issues account for more of that than the way they are treated. For what it's worth, I think it should be up to those who run the military branches on whether they serve or not. It's an area I have very little knowledge in. If they say it's fine they serve then I'm good with that

If military leaders were against black people serving, would that be cool?

3 minutes ago, Taylor said:

If military leaders were against black people serving, would that be cool?

Yeah but they couldn't come up with a legitimate reason to do so. It's not even the same argument. There are real mental health concerns when it comes to transgender people

40 minutes ago, Jason said:

Yeah but they couldn't come up with a legitimate reason to do so. It's not even the same argument. There are real mental health concerns when it comes to transgender people

The argument against gays serving in the military was, "Most soldiers aren't comfortable with it," and that was good enough for large percentage of the population to support Don't Ask, Don't Tell.

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

The argument against gays serving in the military was, "Most soldiers aren't comfortable with it," and that was good enough for large percentage of the population to support Don't Ask, Don't Tell.

gays are still different than transgender. Someone's hole preference with sex should not matter at all

7 hours ago, Jason said:

I’m not even sure what the issue is here. I know transgender dysphoria is listed as a mental illness in the DSM. Does anyone know what, if any, other mental health issues bar people from joining the military?

https://www.theravive.com/therapedia/gender-dysphoria-dsm--5-302.85-(f64.9)

There are quite a few actually, but in general the military has become a triage unit for failing public mental health care.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/8/2019 at 10:01 AM, gotbeer said:

Not the supreme court yet.  But hey, this should go all the way to the top(less).  Although it would have been better if this is what Stormy Daniels or even Ivanka Trump fought for, and not who was pictured.

New Hampshire court upholds women’s topless conviction

I have long wondered how a court would decide a case like this. I dont see how it is fair that men can be topless in public, but women are prohibited from doing so.

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 7:21 AM, Rico said:

It's probably not a good idea to give white males automatic weapons either.  But here we are.

Do you have any idea how expensive and difficult it is to get authorization to own an automatic weapon? They are highly regulated by the ATF. I've never met a single person that has one or has permission to own one.

https://www.atf.gov/qa-category/national-firearms-act-nfa

"Friday’s conference proved highly significant, with the justices agreeing to decide the fate of a bid by President Donald Trump’s administration to add a citizenship question to the 2020 census, which opponents say will scare immigrant communities from participating, leading to an undercount."

Why would a legal imigrant be scared to participate?

5 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

"Friday’s conference proved highly significant, with the justices agreeing to decide the fate of a bid by President Donald Trump’s administration to add a citizenship question to the 2020 census, which opponents say will scare immigrant communities from participating, leading to an undercount."

Why would a legal imigrant be scared to participate?

For the exact reason you'd think. Why are you trying to be so cutesy about illegal immigrants being scared that responding would cause them to be rounded up? 

5 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Can you explain to me where it says "illegal" anywhere in my post?

It doesn't. I never said it did. 

I guess this leads me to ask the same question of your interpretation of the text you quoted. 

Can you explain to me where it says "legal" anywhere in the quoted text?

20 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

For the exact reason you'd think. Why are you trying to be so cutesy about illegal immigrants being scared that responding would cause them to be rounded up? 

Talk about being cutesy, I think you know his point and the point of this decision is whether (undocumented) immigrants should be counted in the census.