• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Supreme Court decision of the day

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 1:38 PM, Rico said:

Timbs should demand a 2019 Land Rover for his inconvenience  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Maybe it has to do with the fact that nearly 50% of transgenders attempt suicide.

I’m not even sure what the issue is here. I know transgender dysphoria is listed as a mental illness in the DSM. Does anyone know what, if any, other mental health issues bar people from joining the military?

https://www.theravive.com/therapedia/gender-dysphoria-dsm--5-302.85-(f64.9)

1 hour ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Maybe it has to do with the fact that nearly 50% of transgenders attempt suicide.

If that number is accurate, it's probably because they're treated as subhumans and banned from doing important things like serving their country.

Also, do you honestly think the transgender suicide rate is the reason why Trump overturned Obama's inclusion policy? 

2 minutes ago, Taylor said:

If that number is accurate, it's probably because they're treated as subhumans and banned from doing important things like serving their country.

Also, do you honestly think the transgender suicide rate is the reason why Trump overturned Obama's inclusion policy? 

Or maybe thinking your biology doesn't represent who you are is an indicator of emotional instability.

1 hour ago, mtangelsfan said:

Too bad.  I think they really punted.

Regardless this one of the dumber things Trump is doing and is likely to only impress 10% of the voting public 

It's not just about impressing people. It's as much if not significantly more about angering people.

Even if the decision by Trump to bar trans people was incorrect (along with many other things), the legal decision is probably valid. The US military is by necessity generally separate from the constitutional protections it is intended to protect. The 1st amendment being the obvious example. It's hard to imagine equal protection under the law being strictly applied to an entity that arbitrarily sends people into combat. That being said however, the military and especially the CiC should better try to apply the principles of  liberty in our country to those serving.

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

Their rates of suicide at 10 times higher than the normal rates. I think underlying mental issues account for more of that than the way they are treated. For what it's worth, I think it should be up to those who run the military branches on whether they serve or not. It's an area I have very little knowledge in. If they say it's fine they serve then I'm good with that