Sign in to follow this  
gotbeer

Supreme Court decision of the day

8 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

This isn't US Supreme Court.  But it's a the Indiana Supreme Court level.  Interesting case.  I side with the drug dealer on this one.  

Cops put GPS tracker on man’s car, charge him with theft for removing it

It is disgusting that the government can GPS a citizen 

Maybe you didn't read the story of the California state senator that wanted to attach GPS to every car so mileage could be tracked and taxed. 

Yeah, your Democrats hard at work trying to track your every move.

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

Maybe you didn't read the story of the California state senator that wanted to attach GPS to every car so mileage could be tracked and taxed. 

yep, they have talked about doing this for a couple of years now to raise more revenue, all for our good.

what an absolute invasion of privacy. I can't imagine it would pass successfully through the Supreme Court.

16 hours ago, gotbeer said:

This isn't US Supreme Court.  But it's a the Indiana Supreme Court level.  Interesting case.  I side with the drug dealer on this one.  

The case began in July 2018, when the Warrick County Sheriff's Office got a warrant to attach a GPS tracking device to Derek Heuring's car. Information from a confidential informant had led them to believe that Heuring was using the vehicle to sell meth.

9 hours ago, True Grich said:

The case began in July 2018, when the Warrick County Sheriff's Office got a warrant to attach a GPS tracking device to Derek Heuring's car. Information from a confidential informant had led them to believe that Heuring was using the vehicle to sell meth.

It is his car, his property.

On 11/18/2019 at 5:01 PM, Blarg said:

That's definitely something I agree with.

On 11/18/2019 at 3:40 PM, gotbeer said:

@wopphil and @calscuf, if a warrant is obtained, doesn't a copy of it have to be given to the person affected? i know with a search warrant a copy has to be provided to the person named on it.

and i'm in agreement that simply removing it doesn't amount to theft.

On 11/20/2019 at 1:01 PM, Tank said:

@wopphil and @calscuf, if a warrant is obtained, doesn't a copy of it have to be given to the person affected? i know with a search warrant a copy has to be provided to the person named on it.

and i'm in agreement that simply removing it doesn't amount to theft.

"Wait, was anyone injured? Was there insurance?" - @calscuf probably