• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Supreme Court decision of the day

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

Maybe you didn't read the story of the California state senator that wanted to attach GPS to every car so mileage could be tracked and taxed. 

Yeah, your Democrats hard at work trying to track your every move.

yep, they have talked about doing this for a couple of years now to raise more revenue, all for our good.

what an absolute invasion of privacy. I can't imagine it would pass successfully through the Supreme Court.

16 hours ago, gotbeer said:

This isn't US Supreme Court.  But it's a the Indiana Supreme Court level.  Interesting case.  I side with the drug dealer on this one.  

Cops put GPS tracker on man’s car, charge him with theft for removing it

The case began in July 2018, when the Warrick County Sheriff's Office got a warrant to attach a GPS tracking device to Derek Heuring's car. Information from a confidential informant had led them to believe that Heuring was using the vehicle to sell meth.

9 hours ago, True Grich said:

The case began in July 2018, when the Warrick County Sheriff's Office got a warrant to attach a GPS tracking device to Derek Heuring's car. Information from a confidential informant had led them to believe that Heuring was using the vehicle to sell meth.

It is his car, his property.

On 11/18/2019 at 5:01 PM, Blarg said:

Maybe you didn't read the story of the California state senator that wanted to attach GPS to every car so mileage could be tracked and taxed. 

That's definitely something I agree with.

On 11/18/2019 at 3:40 PM, gotbeer said:

This isn't US Supreme Court.  But it's a the Indiana Supreme Court level.  Interesting case.  I side with the drug dealer on this one.  

Cops put GPS tracker on man’s car, charge him with theft for removing it

@wopphil and @calscuf, if a warrant is obtained, doesn't a copy of it have to be given to the person affected? i know with a search warrant a copy has to be provided to the person named on it.

and i'm in agreement that simply removing it doesn't amount to theft.

On 11/20/2019 at 1:01 PM, Tank said:

@wopphil and @calscuf, if a warrant is obtained, doesn't a copy of it have to be given to the person affected? i know with a search warrant a copy has to be provided to the person named on it.

and i'm in agreement that simply removing it doesn't amount to theft.

"Wait, was anyone injured? Was there insurance?" - @calscuf probably

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Taylor said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/16/us/supreme-court-idaho-homeless-sleeping.html

The Supreme Court decides to not hear the case, upholding the lower court's decision that it's unconstitutional to criminalize homeless people for sleeping outdoors.

Maybe if they move their tents to the steps of the court they may decide to hear the case

On 11/18/2019 at 5:01 PM, Blarg said:

If you hate California so much, why don't you leave?

If you don't love it, you can leave it.

2 hours ago, JarsOfClay said:

If you hate California so much, why don't you leave?

If you don't love it, you can leave it.

Unfortunately many of us built lives and careers here before it went to total shit. I imagine many people retiring in the next 10-15 years will bail as soon as they can and take that hefty California retirement elsewhere.   

1 minute ago, Adam said:

By the logic in this thread I would expect libs to stop bitching about Trump and move to Canadia

Doesn't sound like a pleasant place to be living at.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadia_(annelid)

Canadia (meaning of Canada or after Canada) is a genus of extinct annelid worm present in Burgess Shale type Konservat-Lagerstätte