• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Supreme Court decision of the day

In this case its the SCOTUS non-decision of the day in refusing to take on and stop all the ridiculous abortion litigation before it gets out of control electing to instead punt on it and lets things run a while.
Its a gutless decision to me and they should have stepped up now before it gets worse than it already has. 

14 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Not me. The government already steals too much of my money. 

i don't know that you would necessarily have to build a lot of new facilities. perhaps it'd be possible to simply convert a few existing places into trans-friendly gender-neutral facilities, at least in some cases.

it won't bother me to use some of the funds at their disposal to build a few new facilities.

it would bother me a lot if our legislators decided to increase taxes or create new taxes to do this. they can go pound sand.

Just now, Tank said:

i don't know that you would necessarily have to build a lot of new facilities. perhaps it'd be possible to simply convert a few existing places into trans-friendly gender-neutral facilities, at least in some cases.

it won't bother me to use some of the funds at their disposal to build a few new facilities.

it would bother me a lot if our legislators decided to increase taxes or create new taxes to do this. they can go pound sand.

1 is too many. I'm not paying for that nonsense so 1 in every 500,00 kids doesn't get his feelz hurt. If you have a dick then you piss in the bathroom with a urinal. Stay out of the lady's room weirdo.

4 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

1 is too many. I'm not paying for that nonsense so 1 in every 500,00 kids doesn't get his feelz hurt. If you have a dick then you piss in the bathroom with a urinal. Stay out of the lady's room weirdo.

i'm guessing you haven't spent much time around teenagers and all the confusion they deal with in a host of ways.

26 minutes ago, Tank said:

i'm guessing you haven't spent much time around teenagers and all the confusion they deal with in a host of ways.

My daughter's well being trumps some kid's confusion. I'm not going to risk her being too scared or uncomfortable to use the women's restroom because some befuddled dude wants to take a shit in it and I shouldn't be obliged to pay for his special accommodation.

Edited by Lhalo

There was an article not too long ago talking about a transgender student who wanted to use the girls bathroom at a high school.  The school accommodated the student by giving them access to a bathroom that was a single use bathroom.  That apparently didn't work for the student who wanted to use the restroom all of the girls used but some of the girls weren't comfortable with that.  If there's a single use bathroom available schools can designate gender neutral then by all means but I don't support the use of tax dollars to build more bathrooms nor do I think the rights or feelings of a few should outweigh those of everyone else.  

1 hour ago, Tank said:

Hahaha.  You must be new to this country.  

i'm not an advocate for LGTBQ rights, but i accept that there are times and places where there needs to be some help. a high school campus is definitely one of those places, imho.

we've seen an overwhelming increase in the number and frequency of school shootings in the last five years, and many/most of the shooters were kids who felt disenfranchised by their peers. the harrassment, bullying, and teasing/torture some of these kids endure is heartbreaking, and if they take it out on others with a weapon, the heartbreak spreads to those not involved.

if giving a couple of tranny kids a private place to take a dump or a shower or both helps prevent some kind of retaliation for what these kids go through, i'm absolutely in favor of it. if a separate facility is provided and they won't avail themselves of it, that's a different discussion.

4 hours ago, arch stanton said:

I’ve got three daughters but really, transgenders in the bathroom is low on my list of concerns for them and I have trouble wrapping my head around the idea that anyone equipped to use a urinal would give that up for the sake of being called a “woman”. As for who uses the men’s room, anyone who has passable aim is welcome 

Isn't where you live right now a transgender would be executed? 

4 hours ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

There was an article not too long ago talking about a transgender student who wanted to use the girls bathroom at a high school.  The school accommodated the student by giving them access to a bathroom that was a single use bathroom.  That apparently didn't work for the student who wanted to use the restroom all of the girls used but some of the girls weren't comfortable with that.  If there's a single use bathroom available schools can designate gender neutral then by all means but I don't support the use of tax dollars to build more bathrooms nor do I think the rights or feelings of a few should outweigh those of everyone else.  

I pray someday you become woke 

On 2/16/2019 at 10:41 AM, RallyMo said:

Who said that they couldn't? I guess that I should have made it explicitly clear that I was referring to people that are not here legally?

Legal or illegal, they're part of the census.

On 2/16/2019 at 11:06 AM, Blarg said:

Yes but the census is to pinpoint what our population is comprised of to offer data for solution making. Falsifying or omitting data is no way to build a knowledge base. 

On 2/16/2019 at 11:31 AM, arch stanton said:

Yep and the illegals are the only ones who will lie, omit, or give false info

On 2/17/2019 at 6:34 AM, Blarg said:

You missed the point. Turn off the agenda goggles and follow the discussion line. 

On 2/17/2019 at 6:42 AM, arch stanton said:

So help a brother out. What's my agenda?

On 2/17/2019 at 10:50 AM, Blarg said:

You posted it and ignored the conversation.

It was about data and collecting correct data to create a knowledge base. By not collecting all of the data, leaving out information for political reasons, you corrupt the data base. It presents a false image of what the country is comprised of and how that affects the economy, poverty, crime, health care, etc. 

It had nothing to do with lying. 

On 2/17/2019 at 1:02 PM, AngelsLakersFan said:

Im not completely sure which side your arguing for. The argument against adding the citizenship question is to limit it's potential to impact responses or influence incorrect data. 

On 2/17/2019 at 1:17 PM, Lou said:

maybe the want to know how many illegals there are in the country 

On 2/17/2019 at 1:26 PM, AngelsLakersFan said:

That is a good reason not to add the citizenship question to the census.

On 2/17/2019 at 2:33 PM, Rico said:

Correct.  They are not going to collect correct data if they add the citizen question.

On 2/18/2019 at 2:17 AM, Blarg said:

You guys are in compliance. Anyone states that a factor that stands in the way of the collective needs to be attacked. Good job, Demobots.

On 2/18/2019 at 2:33 AM, arch stanton said:

Did a Repubot type this sentence? If so it needs to go back to the shop for some warranty work

On 2/18/2019 at 10:22 AM, Blarg said:

Come off it, Arch. Anyone just needs to mention illegal immigrants and you guys get all defensive and circle the wagons. Regardless of context or purpose of the discussion it suddenly becomes a cause to stomp out faux oppression instead of discussing the subject logically.

The census is for data banking to reveal how our country is comprised to better define it's strengths and understand how to address it's problems. But you guys don't want that to happen, you want to ignore that to stand on some false moral superiority pedestal. 

Hey, y'all, what's up?

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/30/us/census-citizenship-question-hofeller.html

3 hours ago, Bumpy Grimes said:

Republicans seem very concerned with finding ways to suppress voters and change the rules to make it more difficult for Dems to win.

Yes, I know. California. But we all know California Dems are the worst.

how do you feel about voter ID?

1 hour ago, Tank said:

how do you feel about voter ID?

I used to be all for it, but then I learned that there are a lot of poor people who don't have IDs. Therefore, where voter ID is law, it needs to be easy and cheap for people to get IDs.

Why is it so problematic to make the effort to get a proper ID so you can participate in an election process? Just a little personal responsibility to protect your identity and voter rights and yet so much backlash. You have to think someone wants to keep exploiting the lack of accountability.