• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Supreme Court decision of the day

15 minutes ago, Geoff said:

"the anti-vaccination movement originates and finds its strongest support in the political left. A later article by the same researchers similarly argues that Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) evidence shows that states that voted for Obama in 2012 have higher rates of nonmedical vaccination exemptions."

http://theconversation.com/anti-vaccination-beliefs-dont-follow-the-usual-political-polarization-81001

I assume that you stopped reading that article at the section you quoted? 

48 minutes ago, Geoff said:

"the anti-vaccination movement originates and finds its strongest support in the political left. A later article by the same researchers similarly argues that Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) evidence shows that states that voted for Obama in 2012 have higher rates of nonmedical vaccination exemptions."

http://theconversation.com/anti-vaccination-beliefs-dont-follow-the-usual-political-polarization-81001

Now it is only the very conservative who are more likely to think that it should not be mandatory: they are twice as likely as moderates to think that it should be a parent’s choice. Liberals are now more likely to think vaccination should be required: Compared to moderates, liberals are 43.5 percent less likely to think it should be a parent’s choice and those who are very liberal are 14.2 percent less likely.

I would imagine this is the discussion on this board. Do we have any true anti-vaxxers here?  This is another one of those debates where both sides seem to have a legitimate argument. 

I have 4 thoughts on this issue.

1. No one should be forced to be vaccinated by law.

2. Public and private schools should be able to decline admittance to unvaccinated kids as a public health concern.  Perhaps even extend this rule to private businesses. (Theme parks, flights, and so on...)

3. Teens and pre-teens should be allowed to seek vaccinations without their parents consent.

4. Anti-Vaxxers are dumber than Flat-Earthers.  

1 minute ago, Rico said:

2. Public and private schools should be able to decline admittance to unvaccinated kids as a public health concern.  Perhaps even extend this rule to private businesses. (Theme parks, flights, and so on...)

3. Teens and pre-teens should be allowed to seek vaccinations without their parents consent.

I agree completely. 

On 2/26/2019 at 11:44 AM, Rico said:

Hey! Common ground found in this forum

• 2 weeks later...

U.S. Supreme Court safeguards investor-protection laws

I'm not sure I like this one.  If I'm reading it right, and making a different comparison.  If say I was a broker or involved in securities or something.  And I forwarded a investment opportunity on X company, based on say an article in some newspaper.  And that information proved wrong, I would be held liable?

On 2/26/2019 at 8:13 AM, mtangelsfan said:

No way the government should ever force any kind of medical procedure on a person.

That being said, I had my boys vaccinated.  

This is a giant slippery slope really.  
I agree that the govt shouldnt be in this in general, but when it becomes a public health issue, dont they kinda have to?  
Look at all the breakouts were seeing of late, how do you deal with that?  you cant isolate them as they would scream violation of civil rights.
What is the greater good or the right thing in that case?

1 hour ago, floplag said:

This is a giant slippery slope really.  
I agree that the govt shouldnt be in this in general, but when it becomes a public health issue, dont they kinda have to?  
Look at all the breakouts were seeing of late, how do you deal with that?  you cant isolate them as they would scream violation of civil rights.
What is the greater good or the right thing in that case?

Never when it comes to a forced medical procedure 

19 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Never when it comes to a forced medical procedure 

So putting the lives of others at risk is OK then?  Isnt that the major responsibility of government to prevent?
Im not championing either side here i just think it isnt as simple as saying govt doesnt belong when this is about as gray an issue as there is on that argument. 

2 hours ago, floplag said:

So putting the lives of others at risk is OK then?  Isnt that the major responsibility of government to prevent?
Im not championing either side here i just think it isnt as simple as saying govt doesnt belong when this is about as gray an issue as there is on that argument. 

Not even China does that.  Not on any level should we