• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Some perspective

T.G.

5 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

The problem is less so any single one of the four, but the fact that four of our starting nine are really sucking up the joint. Here are their combined stats:

.202/.252/.300, -1.7 fWAR in about 700 PA, which is about one-third of the team's total PA. That is destroying the offense.

And we’re 5th in the AL in runs scored which is amazing considering.

37 minutes ago, REDneck said:

What do the pundits around here think it would take from us prospect wise to pull this proposed trade with KC off to acquire those three players?

Well, i dont really know the Royals needs, but a quick look at the BP lists tells me they are not in great shape.  BP has their top prospect at 75 (the only one in the top 100), FG doesn't have them in the top 100 at all.  

Moustakis and Herrera are both on expiring contracts, Mous has mutual option, Herrera is UFA. Soler is a different story, hes 26 and signed thru 2020 at a very reasonable deal of only 4 mil per.  Hes also not a stud by any means, and had a terrible 2017 but is off to a good start so far this year.  Hes never put up anything eye opening, but might fill the gap is we give up on Calhoun till the kids are ready.  We could probably find a better pure OF elsewhere, but if the package is right... 

If i had to guess overall im guessing it would not be extensive as they seem a few years away so they would be looking for younger guys a couple years away from the bigs. I would guess only one of our top 10, if its much more than that i might lose interest in a larger group and just stick to the guys with the expiring contracts. 

I still think Calhoun can come back but ill admit im losing faith day by day, at minimum i think some time in AAA might be required. 

Pretty much agree....Pujols isn’t going anywhere....Valbuena and Kinsler are done at the end of the year so the only question with them is whether they survive the year....Calhoun is the one real ? since he’s signed through next year....not great options.....you could send him down, not very likely although it’s possible he gets frustrated enough and agrees.....bad contract for bad contract maybe but you run the risk of getting stuck with a bad player while Calhoun finds his swing elsewhere.... 

37 minutes ago, DMVol said:

Pretty much agree....Pujols isn’t going anywhere....Valbuena and Kinsler are done at the end of the year so the only question with them is whether they survive the year....Calhoun is the one real ? since he’s signed through next year....not great options.....you could send him down, not very likely although it’s possible he gets frustrated enough and agrees.....bad contract for bad contract maybe but you run the risk of getting stuck with a bad player while Calhoun finds his swing elsewhere.... 

I wouldn't get rid of Calhoun, not unless some other team makes Eppler an offer he can't refuse (e.g. at least half salary relief and a good middle reliever). But assuming he stays, I think it is pretty simple:

1. EPPLER: "Kole, you really suck right now but we still love you. That said, we want to send you down to rework your swing."

2a. KOLE: "I understand - I'm a team player so will do whatever is best for the team."

RESULT: Kole goes to AAA, Hermosillo or Blash comes up.

2b. KOLE: "F*ck that, I'm a major leaguer."

RESULT: Kole becomes 4th outfielder, Young is DFAed. Hermosillo Blash comes up.

3 hours ago, floplag said:

Well, i dont really know the Royals needs, but a quick look at the BP lists tells me they are not in great shape.  BP has their top prospect at 75 (the only one in the top 100), FG doesn't have them in the top 100 at all.  

Moustakis and Herrera are both on expiring contracts, Mous has mutual option, Herrera is UFA. Soler is a different story, hes 26 and signed thru 2020 at a very reasonable deal of only 4 mil per.  Hes also not a stud by any means, and had a terrible 2017 but is off to a good start so far this year.  Hes never put up anything eye opening, but might fill the gap is we give up on Calhoun till the kids are ready.  We could probably find a better pure OF elsewhere, but if the package is right... 

If i had to guess overall im guessing it would not be extensive as they seem a few years away so they would be looking for younger guys a couple years away from the bigs. I would guess only one of our top 10, if its much more than that i might lose interest in a larger group and just stick to the guys with the expiring contracts. 

I still think Calhoun can come back but ill admit im losing faith day by day, at minimum i think some time in AAA might be required. 

Were not getting Soler but could possibly get Jon Jay from them.  Getting Soler makes it a deal where we give up a premium prospect that none of us would want to give up.  

23 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

But how many years later? And is this really sustainable?

I have no idea as that’s how baseball works and why GMs get paid the big bucks to guess right.

You asked for an example and I posted one off the top of my head. You didn’t ask for a sustainable example.