• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

A Salty Take on Albert Pujols

Chuck

21 minutes ago, Lou said:

Who should be in the lineup every day instead of Albert? Don't be vague. 

I'd have him batting 7th. Whenever Thaiss is ready I would call him up in August or September and have him take all the at bats against righties. Albert could play against lefties

next year (I know, you don't care) I wouldn't have him on the roster 

1. There are very few on-Field performance type things you can include in contracts, and I assume the batting order is not among them.

2. Remember when everyone said Scioscia would never have anyone hitting behind Trout but Pujols?

3. At the moment, on May 28, 2018, the Angels have too many other hitters performing much worse than Pujols to even think about releasing him. 

4. It’s pronounced “Thice”

Edited by Jeff Fletcher

3 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

So basically Upton and Matsui for this decade.

That is really pathetic!

What other MLB team has been as bad at acquiring hitters this decade????

David Freeze was actually better the two years he was an Angel than his last season with St Louis. The same or better than he has been with Pittsburgh.

2 hours ago, Warfarin said:

I do not, this is correct.  This is why I said we should give him a trial run and see how he performs.  Obviously if he posts a Calhoun-esque OPS, then perhaps it is worthwhile to continue to hold onto Pujols until we can find a legitimate answer.

Well I will support the judgement of those who closely follow the prospects and are paid to make the decisions. 

2 hours ago, GrittyVeterans said:

Storm, it's about giving someone with upside a chance. We know what we're getting out of Albert Pujols and it isn't pretty

Brandon Wood wasnt pretty either.  Thais, if I am not mistaken started in single A last year before being moved to AA.  He just got moved up to AAA, and he isn't on anyone top 100 prospect list.  

It's not so much that I am supporting Pujols.  Its hurting me seeing him run.  I hold my breath on every hit off the wall worrying he is going to get thrown out at 2b.  I have as much confidence that he is going to hit into a DP instead of delivering the game tying hit.  I am just not convinced Thais is clearly an improvement.   And you dont eat that contract unless you know it's an improvement.

I hope Albert has enough pride in his legacy that he will retire he continues his play of the last year in a half 

4 hours ago, Lou said:

Who should be in the lineup every day instead of Albert? Don't be vague. 

Fernandez and Thaiss come to mind.

4 hours ago, calscuf said:

AJ, he’s not going into Cooperstown as an Angel.  This portion of his career will be remembered as a disaster.  There’s no reason to baby him.  There’s no reason to try to help him save face, except not to tarnish the organization record as classy as respectful.  That can be done by including Albert in the process and allowing him to “retire” but keep the remaining money or whatever else they think of.  He needs to be out of the lineup ASAP.  The letting down easy process doesn’t need to last 3.5 years.

Again, that phase out is what I think the Angels might do, not what I want them to do. It might even be what they "should" do, considering the psychological impact Pujols has on the team. 

3 minutes ago, Lou said:

You honestly think Thaiss is ready to be an everyday player in the majors?  A year ago he was in Single A. As of today, he's only played 7 games in AAA. 

You think the only thing we lose here is posts?

You should see our rational thinking section. 

18 hours ago, REDneck said:

Def next year we need a new 1b...If AP is still on the team he will have to be a P/T player..

One start a week at 1b and share DH duties with the Sho.

How productive he will be in that role and who will be the new 1b remains to be seen.

But in NO circumstance should he be a everyday player

If Scioscia gets his extension, which is likely, you should expect to see Albert batting cleanup next year. 

I hope we get to the playoffs before I'm 90. I'm not counting on it though.