• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. Blue Jays (5/23/2018). Kinsler still leading off. Calhoun back in RF

T.G.

18 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

As I said..   I get why they haven't acted in some cases...  I also get why people look at it and get upset.   

As far as your question goes...  both sides can play that game....  Who is going to want to sign here if it doesn't appear the team is putting winning first?   That's not the position I'm taking, just pointing out the whole yin-yang aspect of rhetorical questions.  

Hopefully Kinsler pulls out of it, but a lot of the predictive stuff is pointing to this decline being real.

Nice. Good point. 

Just now, The Boogie Man said:

What if the team prefers him to be in a position to drive in runs rather than hitting lead off?  

He should be batting 2nd. It will make teams think twice about pitching around Trout. More opportunities for Upton to come up with 2 people on rather than 1 on and 2 out.

Just now, Angelsfan1984 said:

He should be batting 2nd. It will make teams think twice about pitching around Trout. More opportunities for Upton to come up with 2 people on rather than 1 on and 2 out.

Then who hits first?  Cozart or Kinsler?  Or are you saying Trout at leadoff and Simmons at 2?

3 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

Then who hits first?  Cozart or Kinsler?  Or are you saying Trout at leadoff and Simmons at 2?

I've always been a proponent of Trout at 3, but if you wanted to bat Trout Leadoff that would be fine too. You could even wrap them with Cozart at 9. That gives a pretty crappy 6,7,8 but it is what it is with the personnel they have.

Trout, Simmons, Upton, Ohtani, Pujols, Kinsler, Calhoun, Maldonado, Cozart.

or

Cozart, Simmons, Trout, Upton, Ohtani, Pujols, Kinsler Calhoun, Maldonado

Just now, The Boogie Man said:

Or Trout or Upton.  I mean, when the team isn’t killing it in OBP it doesn’t really matter.  If you don’t fix that then you don’t really score.

I like the idea of Trout hitting with guys on base. Right now he hardly ever is since he has black holes in front of him. Trout can't score from first on an Upton single after being walked, but Simmons can score from second when Trout is walked behind him and Upton hits a single.

Even though we don't have balance throughout the lineup we are currently putting out a consistently mediocre lineup from 1-9 with every other batter being a hole. I'd rather have a stellar 1-4.  

Simmons

Trout

Upton

Ohtani

Pujols

who cares 6-9

1 minute ago, robblin17 said:

I like the idea of Trout hitting with guys on base. Right now he hardly ever is since he has black holes in front of him. Trout can't score from first on an Upton single after being walked, but Simmons can score from second when Trout is walked behind him and Upton hits a single.

Even though we don't have balance throughout the lineup we are currently putting out a consistently mediocre lineup from 1-9 with every other batter being a hole. I'd rather have a stellar 1-4.  

Simmons

Trout

Upton

Ohtani

Pujols

who cares 6-9

full house you got it dude GIF

Some variation of the above would be about as good as it gets for this team. Lock them in shuffle the other turds around and hope the offense produces enough with a quality start from the pitcher and you will compete enough to make the playoffs.

10 minutes ago, robblin17 said:

Simmons

Trout

Upton

Ohtani

Pujols

who cares 6-9

I like it. 

What I don't get is that during the 13-3 start the lineup was so consistent, then the shuffle started. I know I mentioned there would be a ripple effect but Jesus. Have we had the same lineup that we did during that run? I understand kinsler was gone but why not even try it?

Kinsler owes us.  After all those years where he was a pain in the side of Angels... it's time for him to be a pain in the side of all the other teams.  What kind of cruel joke is this?  

Maybe this is how things balance out... We get Albert past his prime and guys like Kinsler past his in exchange for getting Trout and Ohtani.  The way I see it, baseball still owes us for Hamilton, Wells, Steve Finley, and a host of others.   I WANT SOME BUTTS!