• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Carter traded to Twins

20 hours ago, Taylor said:

They offered Eppler a top prospect, but he said, "No, thanks. We'll just take cash considerations."

sarcasm aside noone would expect a top guy, but you really think a guy with his career numbers couldnt have gotten us a usable bullpen piece or something?  Clearly not i guess.   

2 minutes ago, floplag said:

sarcasm aside noone would expect a top guy, but you really think a guy with his career numbers couldnt have gotten us a usable bullpen piece or something?  Clearly not i guess.   

Guys like Carter are a dime a dozen man.  No real prospect of being a regular player.  He’s fairly worthless.  Plenty of trash bullpen arms to be had without completing a player swap.  Fear not.  We didn’t lose anything here.

5 minutes ago, floplag said:

Your implication is that Eppler is lazy and didn't try to get anything good for Carter.

2 minutes ago, floplag said:

Well no more than you did mr he got a top prospect offer so... am i not entitled to have an opinion on the matter or do i toe the forum line?  

Ha, I just find it funny when people presume to know the motivation behind someone's decision.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2018 at 11:10 AM, floplag said:

Well no more than you did mr he got a top prospect offer so... am i not entitled to have an opinion on the matter or do i toe the forum line?  

Well your opinion lacks comment sense.   Sorry Flop.  Eppler knew his value and accepted the best offer.  Why would he do anything different?  

On 5/24/2018 at 1:47 PM, floplag said:

Considering he was readily available and nobody bothered to offer him any kind of a contract other than a minor league one....   

No

Even after leading all of MLB in HRs (2016), he went unsigned until Feb 17, 2017 (ST had started). before finally getting a one year offer for 3.5 mil.