• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

ESPN: World Fame 100

Chuck

5 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I know there are a ton of people living in India...  but it's kinda hilarious that there were multiple cricket players listed and nobody from MLB.

When I think of cricket, I think of one of Lasorda’s blasts on Jim Healy.   “Garvey needed a f**king oar to hit the f**king ball.  I tell ya. He would have made a f**king great cricket player.  Hitting the ball on one f**king bounce!”

10 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

When I think of cricket, I think of one of Lasorda’s blasts on Jim Healy.   “Garvey needed a f**king oar to hit the f**king ball.  I tell ya. He would have made a f**king great cricket player.  Hitting the ball on one f**king bounce!”

Great call....   Man, there hasn't been anyone like Healey since his passing.  Dude was one of a kind.

Even their radio shows sucks.... I used to listen to Mike & Mike occasionally - but the new Golic and Wingo show is basically NFL talk all day, every day.

MLB network both TV and radio are basically all I listen to now.  I do tune into Dan Patrick every now and then because I think he does great interviews.

4 minutes ago, Angel Dog and Beer said:

Completely Agree. Good takes, articulate, and not over-the-top. If only he would get rid of Stanford Steve though. 

Bad beats is a great segment, though.

Loved his and Russillo's old video mailbags.

8 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

How MLB Network keeps Chris "Don't Call Me Vince" Russo employed, is one of life's mysteries.

He must bring in a different audience that MLB Network tries to reach.  Cause he's downright awful to listen to.  I hate that he's on at noon during my lunch hour.  I listened to him today because he was talking about the whole Rays starting a reliever thing, and he hurt my ears with all the screaming and talking over his guests.   He wasn't in favor of the Rays experiment by the way. 

It’s not that surprising.  Baseball isn’t culturally dominant in very many places.  It has to compete for attention against significant competitors in the place that it is most important.  The only places where it is ubiquitous are small carribean islands.  Definitley not big places.  Unlike soccer or even cricket.  Cricket may seem surprising to us but it is absolutely everything in India and Pakistan.  And it’s huge in many other common wealth countries as well. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

Ok I agree with most people with saying espn is awful etc etc but with that being said do u think there’s a point here? That MLB is not as popular as other sports I wonder if 10-20 years ago the beat players in the game were more popular or if baseball is more just a regional sport and not nationally consumed. I love baseball but I think Baseball is in a very troubling spot. Football is king. Basketball is picking up steam I don’t know where Baseball is in the national conversation anymore. 

16 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

It’s not that surprising.  Baseball isn’t culturally dominant in very many places.  It has to compete for attention against significant competitors in the place that it is most important.  The only places where it is ubiquitous are small carribean islands.  Definitley not big places.  Unlike soccer or even cricket.  Cricket may seem surprising to us but it is absolutely everything in India and Pakistan.  And it’s huge in many other common wealth countries as well. 

But Badminton is culturally dominant?

This isn’t on ESPN guys they really don’t deserve blame.  This is MLB doing a shit job of marketing it’s players internationaly. When guys like Derrick Rose are ahead of actual relevant baseball greats, it’s a baseball problem not an ESPN problem.  Derrick Rose isn’t even relevant on his team anymore.