• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Which Angels prospect are you most excited about this season?

Chuck

Most Exciting Angels Prospect to Follow  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Which Angels prospect are you most excited about this season?

• Luis Rengifo: .323/.426/.466 w/ 27 walks & 22 stolen bases
    • Jo Adell: .326/.398/.611 w/ 6 HR, 4 SB
    • Taylor Ward: .345/.453/.520 w/ 6 HR (one lost in a rainout), 8 SB *New Position (3B)*
    • Jose Suarez: 2.79 ERA, 69 K's in 38 2/3 innings (leads minors in K's)
    • David Fletcher: .361/.408/.615, 5 HR, 5 SB, 12 BB, 10 K
    • Griffin Canning: 1.49 ERA, 42 K, 36 1/3 innings, .153 BAA
    • Brandon Marsh: .282/.372/.444 3 HR, 4 SB, 25 RBI (promoted to High-A)
    • Jahmai Jones: .250/.360/.393 3 HR, 6 SB *New Position (2B)*
    • Jared Walsh: .275/.365/.604 13 HR, 36 RBI (leads Cal League in HR)
    • Jose Miguel Fernandez: .350/.438/.543 5 HR, 19 BB & just 13 K's.
    • Matt Thaiss: .287/.352/.490 6 HR, 10 doubles (Increased power)
    • All of the above (plus some others Chuck left off the list)

14 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Big promotions tonight!

Adell joins Marsh in High-A

Thaiss and Ward to AAA Salt Lake.

Really curious what both Thaiss and Ward do in AAA. Both showing increased power, so should be wary of reading into raw stats there, but the hitting environments could reinforce the reward of a new approach if either/both have made adjustments.

Sticking with Marsh.  He was my pick prior to the start of the year 

Just as excited about Adell and Canning now.  

Ward and Fletcher are very impressive so far.  So much so that it's hard to believe.  

Regifo and Suarez have impressed as well.  

A month from now we'll be talking about how Jones has turned a corner.  

Thaiss has suddenly become underrated.  

Torii Jr deserves a promo and is someone I'd put in the Thaiss, Regifo, Fletcher and Ward category.  I like Walsh but he's got to be promoted to AA.  

JMF is a major leaguer waiting for space.  

Other guys of interest - Luis Madero, Autstin Krzeminski, Joe Gatto, Tyler Stevens, Daniel Procopio, Adrian Almeida, Jose Rojas, Jose Pena, Luis Castillo, Jeremy Rhoades, Zach Houchins.

Half of our prospects haven't even started their season yet.  

Just now, 101halo said:

Really curious what both Thaiss and Ward do in AAA. Both showing increased power, so should be wary of reading into raw stats there, but the hitting environments could reinforce the reward of a new approach if either/both have made adjustments.

Yeah.  Having our AAA in SLC is kind of a bummer for that reason.  I think the key things are to look for good BB/K numbers, continued power numbers, and hope not too much is lost in translation when they get promoted to the big leagues :)

1 minute ago, Dochalo said:

Sticking with Marsh.  He was my pick prior to the start of the year 

Just as excited about Adell and Canning now.  

Ward and Fletcher are very impressive so far.  So much so that it's hard to believe.  

Regifo and Suarez have impressed as well.  

A month from now we'll be talking about how Jones has turned a corner.  

Thaiss has suddenly become underrated.  

Torii Jr deserves a promo and is someone I'd put in the Thaiss, Regifo, Fletcher and Ward category.  I like Walsh but he's got to be promoted to AA.  

JMF is a major leaguer waiting for space.  

Other guys of interest - Luis Madero, Autstin Krzeminski, Joe Gatto, Tyler Stevens, Daniel Procopio, Adrian Almeida, Jose Rojas, Jose Pena, Luis Castillo, Jeremy Rhoades, Zach Houchins.

Half of our prospects haven't even started their season yet.  

I think this board will have a big celebration if Valbuena gets DFA'd for JMF, lol.

I wonder if 

1 minute ago, Warfarin said:

I think this board will have a big celebration if Valbuena gets DFA'd for JMF, lol.

The fact that he can play 1B, 2B, 3B and even some LF in itself make him a better option. Add in the fact that he makes way better contact and his plate discipline is 100x better... well!

You wonder if Carter and JMF are coming up for Marte and Valbuena, since Thaiss and Ward are taking up 1B and 3B. 

I'm guessing the Cal League HR leader Jared Walsh replaces Thaiss in AA.

12 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I wonder if 

The fact that he can play 1B, 2B, 3B and even some LF in itself make him a better option. Add in the fact that he makes way better contact and his plate discipline is 100x better... well!

You wonder if Carter and JMF are coming up for Marte and Valbuena, since Thaiss and Ward are taking up 1B and 3B. 

I'm guessing the Cal League HR leader Jared Walsh replaces Thaiss in AA.

Agreed.  I think we have a pretty good chance of seeing JMF on the roster pretty soon.  Dude's been tearing it up and offers the versatility we like.

Should find out by mid-day what kind of moves have been made by the big league squad, if any.

Our offense definitely needs some life injected into it, so I'm hoping we can start to see some of these young kids get a chance.

Torii would have my vote, simply because the others listed had some expectation to what they'd be coming into the year. Some of far exceeded those. 

But Torii's turnaround hints at him having potential to turn into an everyday big leaguer - and maybe a very good - and that  not expected at all when he was drafted.

9 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Big promotions tonight!

Adell joins Marsh in High-A

Thaiss and Ward to AAA Salt Lake.

#Angels top prospect Jo Adell has been officially promoted to @66ersBaseball. Hit five homers in his last six games with @BurlingtonBees. This will make him the first 2017 prep first-rounder to see Class A Advanced.

31 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

This is a real question. Out of all those guys who’s supposed to be all star can’t miss dude?

Highest possible upside -- Adell.   He's scary athletic   The can't miss part is much harder to pinpoint.

Edited by Inside Pitch

1 hour ago, REDneck said:

How old is JMF?

Where's Maitan and that other dude we poached from the Braves?

Luis something...middle infielder

Not talking about the Rengifo

JMF is 30...   The two middle IFers we got from Bravesgate will likely start the season in short-season ball.  They are basically HS seniors.

Edited by Inside Pitch

4 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

JMF is at least two years younger than Valnobuena, and probably would put up better numbers while playing the same positions.

Can’t wait until Kinsler’s, Valnobuena’s, and Johnson’s money ($25 million total) is off the books after this season!

I'm okay with Johnson, we basically traded for him to acquire more international money, which ultimately went to Ohtani.  A very worthwhile trade ;)

In terms of production, Johnson is fine IMO.  He's probably more of a middle reliever, and it's only due to our lack of high-end relievers that he's being forced into a role that's probably no longer meant for him.  If we can get a high end reliever or two, and have Johnson anchor down the middle innings (i.e 6th), then I'm fine with that.

9 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

JMF is 30...   The two middle IFers we got from Bravesgate will likely start the season in short-season ball.  They are basically HS seniors.

Maitan is a long-term project and, most likely, destined for more of a 1B/3B role, not a middle-infield spot.  I think given that he needs to re-construct his swing, combined with how far away he is, he won't be surfacing on a top 100 MLB prospect list this year.

11 hours ago, 101halo said:

.500/.600/.800

17 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

Maitan is a long-term project and, most likely, destined for more of a 1B/3B role, not a middle-infield spot.  I think given that he needs to re-construct his swing, combined with how far away he is, he won't be surfacing on a top 100 MLB prospect list this year.

Is he even playing yet?