• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: 5/20 Rays @ Angels. Pujols off-day. Trout DH

Just now, rafibomb said:

If he is advertised as perfect and will finish the year with an ERA of 1.00 with more than 15 k's an inning and 30 wins then yes, he has been less than advertised as a pitcher.

nah I'm not talking about results, more stuff wise

his stuff doesn't remind me of Syndergaard or Severino except for his splitter which is a true A+ pitch

1 minute ago, IheartLA said:

his stuff doesn't remind me of Syndergaard or Severino except for his splitter which is a true A+ pitch

You’re just talking out of your ass bro, he’s a little homerun prone so far but he’s a rookie learning how to pitch in MLB on the fly. His stuff is outstanding, he just needs to learn that mistakes over the plate get crushed even if they are 99 mph fastballs. In japan he got away with pitches over the plate 

1 minute ago, IheartLA said:

The stuff is there, it's just command that needs refining. 

Except for his four seamer that is a bit too straight, especially when he doesn't have a feel for the splitter or slider. Almost wonder if it's worth playing with adding a two seamer in the offseason. 

Just now, fan_since79 said:

Last time Angels had a lead was Tuesday night against Houston, and they lost that game.

3-1 lead and needing just 6 outs to seal a series win against the defending WS champs and current AL West division leader only for the bullpen to shit it away in 0.1 IP. Team has been a dead corpse ever since

2 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Last time Angels had a lead was Tuesday night against Houston, and they lost that game.

That 13-3 start doesn’t even seem like the same team. I’m starting to doubt that this is even a wild card team with this bullpen and streaky offense. Kinsler is hovering around the Mendoza line, Valbuena is back to hitting like last year, Cozart is back to pre-17 Cozart, Maldonado has taken a huge step back defensively, and Pujols is Pujols. Injuries are taking their toll on the depth and exposing this roster big time 

6 minutes ago, TroutField said:

You’re just talking out of your ass bro, he’s a little homerun prone so far but he’s a rookie learning how to pitch in MLB on the fly. His stuff is outstanding, he just needs to learn that mistakes over the plate get crushed even if they are 99 mph fastballs. In japan he got away with pitches over the plate 

fangraphs steamer which is a constantly updating projection system had him at #6 in ERA among starters in the beginning of the year

however they've been updating and he's fallen around ten slots behind names like Mcullers/Morton, he's one spot ahead of Richards.

most people on this board can't stand Richards so if Ohtani is amazing then Richards is too.

Projections also are all future values so they predict future ERA.

Just now, TroutField said:

That 13-3 start doesn’t even seem like the same team. I’m starting to doubt that this is even a wild card team with this bullpen and streaky offense. Kinsler is hovering around the Mendoza line, Valbuena is back to hitting like last year, Cozart is back to pre-17 Cozart, Maldonado has taken a huge step back defensively, and Pujols is Pujols. Injuries are taking their toll on the depth and exposing this roster big time 

I'm starting to get vibes to last year's team. Only difference is instead of a good bullpen and bad rotation, this year it's a good rotation and a bad bullpen.

1 hour ago, TroutField said:

About a week ago I said we were winning 60% of our games and there was no urgency and be patient.  Well that was a week ago.  It's time to make some changes.