• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Should Mike Scioscia Be Fired Poll

Should Mike Scioscia Be Fired Poll  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Should Mike Scioscia Be Fired?

• No. I'm a Mike Scioscia Supporter.
    • Yes, Mike Scioscia Out! Fire Him!

I said it before. Sosh, for his plusses and minuses, only had the roster he was given to work with.

Same as ausmus. Same as maddon, now.

No manager gets it right all the time. And some are better than others. But 14 was the last year we had an actual bullpen. And the results show.

I like canning. Hes ok. Same as heaney. Neither are studs. Filling the rotation out around then with cobb and bundy..... with this pen.....

Give maddon a pen, and better SPs, and he'll look like a genius again.

18 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I said it before. Sosh, for his plusses and minuses, only had the roster he was given to work with.

No manager gets it right all the time. And some are better than others. But 14 was the last year we had an actual bullpen. And the results show.

I like canning. Hes ok. Same as heaney. Neither are studs. Filling the rotation out around then with cobb and bundy..... with this pen.....

I think Maddon has a little more pull than he lets on.

1 hour ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

i have to disagreed with a bit. 

We've have 3 solid starters and Sandoval is finally breaking out. If we were to compare War between the A's top 4 starters and out, the difference is about 1.5 War, that is considering we use a 6 men rotation. 

My irritation with Maddon is the fact he does not or does not want to look at the strengths and weakness of his Bullpen. 

For Example Cishek, In Low Leverage situation, 18 Ip, Cishek has been really good. In medium to High leverage situations, Cishek (9ip) has been awful. Men on base, he has a whip of1.9, Era, FIp and Xfip close to 6. Base's empty, a whip of 1.07, FIp and Xfip of 1.77 and 3.08. Yet for some reason, Maddon does not look at  the stats and realize that  Cishek is better when pitching in a fresh ining, yet he brings him in with Runners on base. Once or twice it's fine, but it's a regular occurance with Maddon. 

So tuesday, with a runner on first, he should have never brought in Cishek! the right guy should have been Rodriguez at that moment! This isn't Cishek fault, it Maddon's fall for not judging Cishek's strengths, therefore this lose is on Maddon. 

Next situation, Today there was no reason to take Canning out at 69 pitches while only allowing  5 runner's on base through 5 innings. On the other side, Irvin was allowed to go pitch 5.2 innings while allowing 4 runs. But what ever, you bring in Watson, which i understand, but it was too early, I would have watson ready in the 7th inning. Making it worst he brings in Cishek with runner's on baseball....to anyone's suprise was a diaaster . Another game that we lost thanks to Maddon. 

We see the same bs by maddon throught out the season, and i can conclude that he's been responsible for atleast 7 lose to the season, just because he isn't willing to understand his pitcher's strengths and weakness. 

Yes, i know that our Bullpen is awful, but when used to a strength there are nice peices in the Bullpen. 

9th inning; Iglesias, easy and simple.

8th inning: Mayers, he's had 4 bad apearance that has inflated his era, with a small mechanic change he's looked good.  

7th inning: Suarez, he need a bigger role in the Bullpen. He's really important, and needs to be used more than once or twice a week! He's thrown over 17 Innings and has looked good! 

or, you place Suarez into key moment time of guy, and give the 7th inning to Watson. 

6th: Cishek, put him in a lowe leverage spot with no one on base. 

Gurrea put him as a mop guy, let him pitch in game's where we getting blownout. 

Claudi: another guy that has sucess in low levage situation. Pair him with Cishek, Gurrea..etc. 

So if a starter give's you 6 innings, you can go to your main weapons to end the game. 

if it's 5, than one of Cishek/Claudi depending on the matchup, then the big guns

Less than 4 inngs, we are probably getting blown out.

This has to be the way that Maddon need to  use his bullpen.

Even the A's have 3 guys that can be consider there main weapons, and these guys pitch in those specifc innings, while they also have guys with Era over or close to 5 and they pitch in Specific innings. 

Just to be clear here. Im not defending Maddon. Or Sosh. Or Ausmus.

Just saying that this team has lacked either SP or a pen for years now.

The dodgers would have a few more rings by now with a pen. Dave Roberts didnt figure anything out last year. He didnt coach kershaw into finally not choking in october 

Doesnt matter who we get to manage, or hit. Until we can consistently pitch, and hold leads, were always gonna be stuck where we are.

6 hours ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

i have to disagreed with a bit. 

We've have 3 solid starters and Sandoval is finally breaking out. If we were to compare War between the A's top 4 starters and out, the difference is about 1.5 War, that is considering we use a 6 men rotation. 

My irritation with Maddon is the fact he does not or does not want to look at the strengths and weakness of his Bullpen. 

For Example Cishek, In Low Leverage situation, 18 Ip, Cishek has been really good. In medium to High leverage situations, Cishek (9ip) has been awful. Men on base, he has a whip of1.9, Era, FIp and Xfip close to 6. Base's empty, a whip of 1.07, FIp and Xfip of 1.77 and 3.08. Yet for some reason, Maddon does not look at  the stats and realize that  Cishek is better when pitching in a fresh ining, yet he brings him in with Runners on base. Once or twice it's fine, but it's a regular occurance with Maddon. 

So tuesday, with a runner on first, he should have never brought in Cishek! the right guy should have been Rodriguez at that moment! This isn't Cishek fault, it Maddon's fall for not judging Cishek's strengths, therefore this lose is on Maddon. 

Next situation, Today there was no reason to take Canning out at 69 pitches while only allowing  5 runner's on base through 5 innings. On the other side, Irvin was allowed to go pitch 5.2 innings while allowing 4 runs. But what ever, you bring in Watson, which i understand, but it was too early, I would have watson ready in the 7th inning. Making it worst he brings in Cishek with runner's on baseball....to anyone's suprise was a diaaster . Another game that we lost thanks to Maddon. 

We see the same bs by maddon throught out the season, and i can conclude that he's been responsible for atleast 7 lose to the season, just because he isn't willing to understand his pitcher's strengths and weakness. 

Yes, i know that our Bullpen is awful, but when used to a strength there are nice peices in the Bullpen. 

9th inning; Iglesias, easy and simple.

8th inning: Mayers, he's had 4 bad apearance that has inflated his era, with a small mechanic change he's looked good.  

7th inning: Suarez, he need a bigger role in the Bullpen. He's really important, and needs to be used more than once or twice a week! He's thrown over 17 Innings and has looked good! 

or, you place Suarez into key moment time of guy, and give the 7th inning to Watson. 

6th: Cishek, put him in a lowe leverage spot with no one on base. 

Gurrea put him as a mop guy, let him pitch in game's where we getting blownout. 

Claudi: another guy that has sucess in low levage situation. Pair him with Cishek, Gurrea..etc. 

So if a starter give's you 6 innings, you can go to your main weapons to end the game. 

if it's 5, than one of Cishek/Claudi depending on the matchup, then the big guns

Less than 4 inngs, we are probably getting blown out.

This has to be the way that Maddon need to  use his bullpen.

Even the A's have 3 guys that can be consider there main weapons, and these guys pitch in those specifc innings, while they also have guys with Era over or close to 5 and they pitch in Specific innings. 

Nice post!!!

• Chuck locked this topic