• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Should Mike Scioscia Be Fired Poll

Should Mike Scioscia Be Fired Poll  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Should Mike Scioscia Be Fired?

• No. I'm a Mike Scioscia Supporter.
    • Yes, Mike Scioscia Out! Fire Him!

I have many complaints about Sosh, but no way you fire him.  I'm not sure if the Angels should bring him back after this season, but Sosh is doing an adequate job right now.  The players who are falling short of career norms are the ones that need to step it up.  I do think Sosh needs to start looking at changing things with Calhoun and Kinsler.  Those two are really hurting the team offensively.  Oh, and moving Pujols to 7th/8th in the line-up.

3 hours ago, VariousCrap said:

I have many complaints about Sosh, but no way you fire him.  I'm not sure if the Angels should bring him back after this season, but Sosh is doing an adequate job right now.  The players who are falling short of career norms are the ones that need to step it up.  I do think Sosh needs to start looking at changing things with Calhoun and Kinsler.  Those two are really hurting the team offensively.  Oh, and moving Pujols to 7th/8th in the line-up.

He is changing things with Calhoun, he is platooning Hermasillo.  Kinsler he has moved well down in the lineup several times, he could go right out the door for all I care.  We have three infielders in Salt Lake (Cowart, Fernandez and Fletcher) who could probably do better.  Pujols is the fifth best hitter on this team now,  and he gets more rest than most.  He is also the best first baseman on this team.  So Pujols hitting fourth is no big detriment for me.  The guys who should be on the hot seat IMO are Kinsler, Marte, Valbuena, and Calhoun.  We can do better with what we have in AAA.

18 hours ago, Kevinb said:

No don’t fire. He’s not the problem the inconsistent offense and poor bullpen construction is the reason this team isn’t doing that well. One thing he is at fault for is playing Pujols. 

You think Pujols should be benched?

I think he's as knowledgeable as any manager, protects his players and keeps an organized clubhouse. Maybe he's "too" loyal to his players, but many players would appreciate him for it. For me, his only downside is that he's set in his managerial ways, but for the most part, it works. I'd be fine if he stays past this year, but if he's fired/part ways I wouldn't be against it but a bit sad. 

10 minutes ago, SuperTroopers said:

That doesn’t make it better right now. 

No it doesn’t, but it’s one of the few ways the lineup could be arranged when excluding Pujols, Marte, and Valbuena.

Benching Pujols is stupid anyways; he just needs to move down in the lineup (tired of saying this).

On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 2:17 PM, Lou said:

Our bullpen has the 6th lowest ERA in the AL 

Those stats have to be much worse since late April.   If not for Parker this past month and a half, who knows how bad the bullpen stats would be for the past 3 weeks. 

On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 11:11 AM, Dtwncbad said:

Three years ago yes.  With months left on a 10 year contract, no.

Not sure if this comment belongs here exactly but we also have to keep in mind the Angels need to manage tgeir own organizational reputation. 

Firing Scioscia now just would look bad.

Cutting Pujols now wpuld just look bad. .  At least in terms of players or managers trying to feel comfortable signing with the team.

I'd the Angels fired Mike and cut Pujols, what elite player wouldn't be cautious coming to the Angels.

Now whether or not another long term deal with a free agent is a good idea or not is a separate discussion.

Does Trout want to sign an extension here if he sees guys fired in the 9th year of a 10 year contract or HOF players getting cut with years left on their deal?

Agreed, except that if Pujols is doing poorly enough over the next 1 2/3 seasons, then I don't think he retiring after the 2019 season would dissuade FAs from coming here. 

3 hours ago, Torridd said:

You think Pujols should be benched?

In an ideal world yes. But right now Pujols is just part of the problem in this line up. Would I bench him if I was the manager yes but I don’t think that call is all on Mike and the bench options aren’t world beaters either so I don’t know what’s going on

Just now, Kevinb said:

In an ideal world yes. But right now Pujols is just part of the problem in this line up. Would I bench him if I was the manager yes but I don’t think that call is all on Mike and the bench options aren’t world beaters either so I don’t know what’s going on

Yea I’m not benching him to let Valbuena and Marte play more, sorry.  

4 minutes ago, SuperTroopers said:

Yea I’m not benching him to let Valbuena and Marte play more, sorry.  

Is that the only option? I don’t know the minors much anymore. But is there no one down there who could put up what Pujols is doing dh’ing/first base ? I’m seriously asking that’s not some snide way of being condescending 

24 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Is that the only option? I don’t know the minors much anymore. But is there no one down there who could put up what Pujols is doing dh’ing/first base ? I’m seriously asking that’s not some snide way of being condescending 

No not yet.   Chris Carter isn’t a real upgrade.  Our talent is a year or two away.  

23 hours ago, Tank said:

someone help me understand how firing sosh makes this team better immediately. anyone.

You don't fire him, you make him backup catcher.  Serves multiple purposes:

1) Catching is all relationship with pitchers, apparently, so assuming the squat is still physiologically possible, he'd be an upgrade. 

2) Pujols will have a resurgence as he'll no longer have to be depressed by being slowest runner on the team. 

3) Less waste, more optimal use of team post-game spread resources. Expending energy on the field, Sosh will jokingly in a John Sterling voice proclaim, "who can eat all this food? Why, the garbage man can, the garbage man can!" 

In case somebody reading this has not seen that I'm fairly even keeled in response to Scioscia, this is snark.