• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Should Mike Scioscia Be Fired Poll

Should Mike Scioscia Be Fired Poll  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Should Mike Scioscia Be Fired?

• No. I'm a Mike Scioscia Supporter.
    • Yes, Mike Scioscia Out! Fire Him!

2 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

Ya know, not every team in baseball has 8 Mariano Rivera's in their pen.

Every team has good and bad, you gotta ask yourself why the angels are not getting the results that other teams do.

One Mariano would be nice, 8 are not needed.

The Angels are not getting the results that other teams do- what other teams are you referencing?

4 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

Every team has good and bad, you gotta ask yourself why the angels are not getting the results that other teams do.

Our bullpen has the 6th lowest ERA in the AL 

1 hour ago, Roy Hobbs said:

I didn't claim I was new, as a matter of fact I said I was long time lurker. I was moved to post because of the wave of NEW posters and the stupidity that came with it.

So you have no other screen name on here, correct?

4 hours ago, m0nkey said:

I don’t care if they fire him.  There is no harm in firing him.  I don’t see the upside other see, because talent wins and this bullpen isn’t talented.  I defend him against stupidity.  Some of our dumbest narratives are about Scioscia.  

3 hours ago, JarsOfClay said:

You mean the other four teams that have a better winning percentage in the American League?  One of those four is the defending World Series Champion, and two of them are named New York and Boston with virtually unlimited resources.  There are ten teams chasing the Angels, their results are worse.

7 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

Three years ago yes.  With months left on a 10 year contract, no.

Not sure if this comment belongs here exactly but we also have to keep in mind the Angels need to manage tgeir own organizational reputation. 

Firing Scioscia now just would look bad.

Cutting Pujols now wpuld just look bad. .  At least in terms of players or managers trying to feel comfortable signing with the team.

I'd the Angels fired Mike and cut Pujols, what elite player wouldn't be cautious coming to the Angels.

Now whether or not another long term deal with a free agent is a good idea or not is a separate discussion.

Does Trout want to sign an extension here if he sees guys fired in the 9th year of a 10 year contract or HOF players getting cut with years left on their deal?

Why would it look bad to cut or bench Albert. It’s not like he isn’t getting paid. Dude is straight awful. 

1 hour ago, laagamer said:

Why would you fire the manager of a team that's competitive?

I actually like Mike, and wouldn't be at all unhappy if we re-signed him. 

There isn’t any team in the major leagues if they had the same manager for over 19 seasons that would fire him in the middle of a season, especially if that manager had a competitive team.  That’s just a pipe dream of people who hate the man.

7 hours ago, CubsFan said:

Hmm.  You claim you are new here.  Yet you seem to imply that you know what has been discussed on the board for a long period of time.

6 hours ago, Lou said:

Which Cubs message boards do you post on? 

???

26 minutes ago, Tank said:

someone help me understand how firing sosh makes this team better immediately. anyone.

Well obviously all of the players would try harder because they’d be motivated because the voice would be different.   The new manager would never make a mistake.   And the bullpen would be great again.  

3 minutes ago, True Grich said:

I hope he signs an extension just to give some of you more angst. 

I’ve been saying this awhile.   I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets one more year to give him 20 years as a manager.   Then the narrative will be they aren’t serious about winning because of milestones.  So basically the same as today.