• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Should Mike Scioscia Be Fired Poll

Should Mike Scioscia Be Fired Poll  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Should Mike Scioscia Be Fired?

• No. I'm a Mike Scioscia Supporter.
    • Yes, Mike Scioscia Out! Fire Him!

Three years ago yes.  With months left on a 10 year contract, no.

Not sure if this comment belongs here exactly but we also have to keep in mind the Angels need to manage tgeir own organizational reputation. 

Firing Scioscia now just would look bad.

Cutting Pujols now wpuld just look bad. .  At least in terms of players or managers trying to feel comfortable signing with the team.

I'd the Angels fired Mike and cut Pujols, what elite player wouldn't be cautious coming to the Angels.

Now whether or not another long term deal with a free agent is a good idea or not is a separate discussion.

Does Trout want to sign an extension here if he sees guys fired in the 9th year of a 10 year contract or HOF players getting cut with years left on their deal?

At this point he should just finish out the season. He should have been canned about 3 years ago. He's skated on the injury and bad contract train for so long. I don't buy the lack of talent or injury excuse anymore. Nobody has done so little year after year with a multitude of players and coaches. Only one constant remains and that has resulted in no playoff wins in years. Anyone else would have been tossed to the curb. Too many apologists here and not enough accountability. He's the Craig biggio of the manager world. 

2 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

Not sure if this comment belongs here exactly but we also have to keep in mind the Angels need to manage tgeir own organizational reputation. 

Firing Scioscia now just would look bad.

How would firing Scioscia look bad? Angels have given him more than any other manager in sports history - a bloated contract and 19 years of loyalty despite very poor results. He's the longest tenured manager in baseball.  They traded Napoli for him, they brought in Wells for him, they let him play GM for a couple years, they've accommodated him in every single way imaginable and they would look bad if they fired him after 16 years of no results? Give me a break.

2 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

Cutting Pujols now wpuld just look bad. .  At least in terms of players or managers trying to feel comfortable signing with the team.

I'd the Angels fired Mike and cut Pujols, what elite player wouldn't be cautious coming to the Angels.

No, Pujols is universally regarded as the worst contract in baseball history. His contract was even directly reference several times during the offseason as to why it was so slow for many free agents. "And no one wants to be known was that guy who gave out a Pujols contract." was one of the quotes I remember reading.

As for elite players not wanting to come here. Well if another Pujols comes along then I sure as hope he doesn't want to come here. This is actually a good thing.

2 hours ago, beatlesrule said:

Makes zero sense to fire him now.  That should have happened years ago. It's the last year of his deal so just let him manage it out and have his replacement ready to go.

Why not fire him now? Are we already giving up on the season?

Hire someone else as a trial candidate and see how they do to finish out the season. 

2 hours ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Good job coming up with something that has never been discussed on this board.

Hmm.  You claim you are new here.  Yet you seem to imply that you know what has been discussed on the board for a long period of time.

26 minutes ago, CubsFan said:

Hmm.  You claim you are new here.  Yet you seem to imply that you know what has been discussed on the board for a long period of time.

I didn't claim I was new, as a matter of fact I said I was long time lurker. I was moved to post because of the wave of NEW posters and the stupidity that came with it.

Firing Scoiscia now makes zero sense to me, it’s just an emotional over reaction.  I commend the organization for honoring its contracts.  It’s quite frankly what I would do.  Mike Scioscia has meant a lot to this organization, and he will finish out this year.  The time to evaluate this will be when this season and his contract end.  If a better candidate is available then the organization should and will move forward. This is the team and coaching staff we have for this year, they need to be focused on turning this losing streak around.  If they can’t do that, there will probably be far greater changes than just the manager, and the current player personnel.  Maybe even another front office change.  Changing the manager now would be like throwing a bandaid on a gun shot wound and hoping it gets better.  I think those kind of emotional changes without an overall comprehensive plan are just plain silly.  We have smarter front office people than that.

36 minutes ago, Dick B Back said:

Cause firing now will not fix the hitters and bullpen.

Ya know, not every team in baseball has 8 Mariano Rivera's in their pen.

Every team has good and bad, you gotta ask yourself why the angels are not getting the results that other teams do.