• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ohtani hit the scoreboard in BP

Wait is that real?

It looks like it lands in the seats above the tunnels... but on my second play back it looks like it changes direction at the scoreboard.

No one even came close to that during the homerun derby... I mean I have not heard of anyone hitting it onto the concourse, let alone half way up off the video board. Distance wise that has to be the equivalent of hitting it literally out of the stadium to left field.

4 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Wait is that real?

It looks like it lands in the seats above the tunnels... but on my second play back it looks like it changes direction at the scoreboard.

No one even came close to that during the homerun derby... I mean I have not heard of anyone hitting it onto the concourse, let alone half way up off the video board. Distance wise that has to be the equivalent of hitting it literally out of the stadium to left field.

I couldn't believe it either. It legit looks like it hits the video screen.

1200px-Angelstadium18.jpg.da0ae1caf4cb61717a606d1dfaee4857.jpg

For reference, Trout's ball that statcast strangely (and surely incorrectly) called a 520 foot shot landed about 10 rows behind the tunnel in left field. Shots onto the rock pile and the batters eye routinely register greater than 430 feet. The longest homerun hit in this stadium was hit by Nelson Cruz - it was just shy of 500 feet I believe and landed among the flag poles in left center.

The 513 feet could only be correct if they are measuring the distance on the ground from home plate to the scoreboard, with no consideration for the ball's progress being stopped 100 feet above the ground by said scoreboard (the scoreboard itself is 49 feet tall).