• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: 5/19 Rays @ Angels

46 minutes ago, OHTANILAND said:

Exactly it’s Trout, Ohtani and sometimes Upton and Simmons. Everything else is patchwork.

Yep. The offense is becoming a problem just like it was last season. Upton and Ohtani make it a bit better than last year's 2-man show of Trout and Simmons, but that's still way too many holes in the lineup

I'm optimistic that they can fix this bullpen by the deadline with a few additions but IDK how much better they can get this offense.

27 minutes ago, Lou said:

How in the f*ck is this Scioscia's fault? 

22 minutes ago, failos said:

Sosh gave up a grand slam when he was pitching in the 2nd.

Marte's boneheaded, little league, play at 1st base messed up Andrew's chi, and extended the inning.

Scioscia thinks Marte is good enough to play 1st base, and wrote the lineup card with his name there.

Therefore Scioscia is an idoit. 

11 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

Marte's boneheaded, little league, play at 1st base messed up Andrew's chi, and extended the inning.

Scioscia thinks Marte is good enough to play 1st base, and wrote the lineup card with his name there.

Heaney says thank you

18 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

I don’t agree with everything Sosh does, and I often get frustrated by his bullpen management—but guys here will blame him for everything when things go sour.

13 minutes ago, failos said:

I don’t agree with everything Sosh does, and I often get frustrated by his bullpen management—but guys here will blame him for everything when things go sour.

and give him undue credit when things go right (like this season's hot start)...but looking at the LONG run, this org has had much less success than the payroll and the talent pool should have achieved. It's not a small sample size, it's multiple decades, and a couple thousand games. Scioscia doesn't suck, but he's not very good, either.

Thank God it's finally, mercifully, 2018. 

57 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

and give him undue credit when things go right (like this season's hot start)

You see, that's where you're wrong. People gave the players credit for the hot start. Those same people are blaming the players for losing streak.

On the he other hand, you have those that credit the players for the start and blame Scioscia for the streak. 

It's the same old crap every year. If you were honest with yourself, you would be able to identify it by now. 

28 minutes ago, Lou said:

You see, that's where you're wrong. People gave the players credit for the hot start. Those same people are blaming the players for losing streak.

On the he other hand, you have those that credit the players for the start and blame Scioscia for the streak. 

It's the same old crap every year. If you were honest with yourself, you would be able to identify it by now. 

Dude..I'm in my mid-60's and have been a serious baseball fan for over a half century. I'm more than "honest with myself" I've watched managers in both leagues come and go. Scioscia is LUCKY he met up with highly lauded (at the time) manager in Dumbsty Baker in his only WS bid, because anyone else would have smoked his ass in that WS....and the Angels would be just another Texas Ranger heartbreaking loser story. Lucky for his ass, he was able to out-manage Duncety "WTF" Baker.

Lucky for his ass that he wound up with a stupid ass owner that fell in love with him and gave him a stupid ass 10 year contract. It should go down in baseball history as the most stupid ass owner move of all time...followed closely by spending over 125 MILLION ON  A DRUG ADDICTED FUCKTARD FROM TEXAS, or a quarter bil on a future HOF Cardinal who's talent took a faceplant the moment he was signed.

Arte has been (is) a bonehead with a shitload of money who knows nothing about baseball.  

Scioscia is the luckiest fuckin manager in baseball history. Doesn't make him good, just makes him good enough to be one of the luckiest mediocre managers in baseball history.

People that kiss Scioscia's ass and think he deserves this because he's good at his job are beyond hope. They deserve to be fans of fat, overpaid, and uninspired baseball teams.

Arte Moreno will sell this team, and the above will be his legacy...That and all of the years with the greatest player the game has ever seen...but an owner and manager who were too incompetent and inept to win, even with him.

1 hour ago, Homebrewer said:

Dude..I'm in my mid-60's and have been a serious baseball fan for over a half century. I'm more than "honest with myself" I've watched managers in both leagues come and go. Scioscia is LUCKY he met up with highly lauded (at the time) manager in Dumbsty Baker in his only WS bid, because anyone else would have smoked his ass in that WS....and the Angels would be just another Texas Ranger heartbreaking loser story. Lucky for his ass, he was able to out-manage Duncety "WTF" Baker.

Lucky for his ass that he wound up with a stupid ass owner that fell in love with him and gave him a stupid ass 10 year contract. It should go down in baseball history as the most stupid ass owner move of all time...followed closely by spending over 125 MILLION ON  A DRUG ADDICTED FUCKTARD FROM TEXAS, or a quarter bil on a future HOF Cardinal who's talent took a faceplant the moment he was signed.

Arte has been (is) a bonehead with a shitload of money who knows nothing about baseball.  

Scioscia is the luckiest fuckin manager in baseball history. Doesn't make him good, just makes him good enough to be one of the luckiest mediocre managers in baseball history.

People that kiss Scioscia's ass and think he deserves this because he's good at his job are beyond hope. They deserve to be fans of fat, overpaid, and uninspired baseball teams.

Arte Moreno will sell this team, and the above will be his legacy...That and all of the years with the greatest player the game has ever seen...but an owner and manager who were too incompetent and inept to win, even with him.

ok 

6 hours ago, Homebrewer said:

I don’t like how they got rid of Cron for this very reason, but blaming Sosh for Marte’s error seems like misplaced anger .

10 hours ago, Lou said:

I see what your saying.

But, how else though does a team go from a 13-3 start to being 12-18 since then????

For the old timers, this reminds me of 1978.   Listless performance at the end of Dave Garcia’s tenure by end of May, after a nice April start, followed by Fregosi’s hiring

This team is listless the past 4-5 games.

2 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

I see what your saying.

But, how else though does a team go from a 13-3 start to being 12-18 since then????

The same way a team goes from a 17-2 start to then going 13-13 after that, would be my guess.  Streaks like this happen all the time in baseball. It's disingenuous to believe it doesn't.