• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

What is Shoemaker's Status?

LAAMike

49 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

If he somehow returns in a couple of months, put him in the pen right away.   It needs ALL the help it can get.

How long before BadRock gets demoted?

He has no options.  A demotion = DFA'd.  This is why he's still up, because the FO doesn't want to cut bait on him just yet.

To answer the OP - he's out for awhile, and I do think it's entirely possible we have seen the last of Shoemaker as an Angel.  I can't envision them offering him arbitration this offseason, with him projected to make 6+ million.

1 hour ago, Warfarin said:

He has no options.  A demotion = DFA'd.  This is why he's still up, because the FO doesn't want to cut bait on him just yet.

To answer the OP - he's out for awhile, and I do think it's entirely possible we have seen the last of Shoemaker as an Angel.  I can't envision them offering him arbitration this offseason, with him projected to make 6+ million.

Thanks, and concur that someone would certainly pick up BadRock if DFA’d, as he’s only 26.

He just isn’t getting it done here since April 2017, and is healthy now.

5 hours ago, Warfarin said:

In before he gets DFA'd, gets picked up by the Astros, and becomes Comeback Player of the Year.

4 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Thanks, and concur that someone would certainly pick up BadRock if DFA’d, as he’s only 26.

He just isn’t getting it done here since April 2017, and is healthy now.

Yeah man, I know.  I cringe when I see him come in too.  That said, we aren't exactly overflowing with options.  I'd continue to hang onto him for now.  Hopefully there'll come a time in the near future where we can go ahead and part ways (as a result of a significant talent influx), but we aren't at that moment in time just yet.

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

In before he gets DFA'd, gets picked up by the Astros, and becomes Comeback Player of the Year.

Since the Athletics are lower in the standings they'd get him first off waivers, then after putting on the magic Athletics cap he suddenly wins the Cy Young award & then in the offseason Beane flips Shoemaker to some team for "quanity of prospects".

shoemaker looks to be pretty much done as a part of the angels current or future plans. i'm sure they like him, and maybe he can carve himself a piece out of the bullpen next year, but i wouldn't be surprised to see either party make the decision to move on. i'd imagine he'd prefer to remain a starter and the angels can't count on him for those innings.