• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Texas, open for business trade wise

Per mlbtraderumors Rosenthals latest columns says that Texas is now open for business. 
Not that i see a ton there i would have interest in, the bullpen arms dont impress me much
Obviously Beltre might be intriguing, Choo as a stop gap RF, neither of which should cost much a this point in thier careers as short term answers.
Seemed odd to see them toss the towel so early but i guess why not.
Might not help us, heck might not help them it looks awful bleak there right now , dont see a whole lot thats going to get them much in return right now.

Link:  https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2018/05/rangers-trade-rumors-cole-hamels-adrian-beltre.html

1 minute ago, Dtwncbad said:

Texas had a farm system just loaded and they have somehow mismanaged to be a bad major league team without the surge of minor leaguers on the way.

I dont want to help them.

Yea I would make trade if it was a no brainer but not really interested in giving them anything to help them going forward.

If it helps us i would trade with the Dogs.  Right now Kemp who they couldnt give away a couple months ago is looking really nice as an option if we do indeed give up on Cole, which im not ready to do but still. 
I agree though they somehow really screwed up, they had a deep farm and a good ML club, WTF happened? 

6 minutes ago, Lou said:

Choo is owed $21M thru the 2020 season.

Hell no. 

I'll take Bartolo. 

Bartolo would be interesting - he just gives up a lot of home runs.

Do they have any starters who profile as good relievers? Guys who have one or two real solid pitches? We could also throw Colon in the pen - isn't that what the Mets used him for?

Hamels"Hamels is experiencing stiffness in his neck and it is uncertain if he will make his next scheduled start Tuesday against the Yankees."

Beltre: " Beltre has landed on the 10-day disabled list due to a Grade 1 left hamstring strain and is expected to miss two-to-three weeks."

26 minutes ago, floplag said:

If it helps us i would trade with the Dogs.  Right now Kemp who they couldnt give away a couple months ago is looking really nice as an option if we do indeed give up on Cole, which im not ready to do but still. 
I agree though they somehow really screwed up, they had a deep farm and a good ML club, WTF happened? 

So would I. I don't like the idea of leaving any team off limits as far as trade partners. I'm sure they'll be open for business soon enough as well.

Just now, Jeremiah said:

So would I. I don't like the idea of leaving any team off limits as far as trade partners. I'm sure they'll be open for business soon enough as well.

I kinda doubt it, i think they will right the ship, too much talent there to be that bad for a season... BUT, if they did, can you imagine the frenzy over the yanks or sox trying to get Kershaw as a rental?

45 minutes ago, Lou said:

Not even Chavez?  Matt Bush? 

Chavez?  Not really.  I've seen what he's capable of when he was on the Angels and his 4.81 ERA 1.438 WHIP 97 ERA+ this season isn't really changing my mind.  If they end up releasing him? Sure, maybe...

Bush?  Yeah, actually, I'd love to give him a shot in our bullpen but the fact he's not a free agent until 2023 probably means TEX hangs on to him during their rebuilding unless they get blown away.  He's cheap and talented so no reason to move him.

Yeah, Matt Bush is probably the one guy I'd like to get

1 hour ago, floplag said:

Cole is on the Astros, Kole plays RF for us.