• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

Hermosillo Called Up?

Hmm, still seems a bit early. His numbers have been looking a little better recently, but not THAT much better. Who knows though - maybe the exposure will do him some good.

Hoping we see better defense then he showed in spring. I know people talk about how good of a glove he has, but I haven't seen it yet.

He's striking out over 27% of the time in Triple-A and is batting .267 in a league that's known for being hitters heaven. I'm not expecting much. I don't even know if he'll start more than one game while he's up here, probably tonight in place of Kole with the Rays having a LHP on the mound

5 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

He's striking out over 27% of the time in Triple-A and is batting .267 in a league that's known for being hitters heaven. I'm not expecting much. I don't even know if he'll start more than one game while he's up here, probably tonight in place of Kole with the Rays having a LHP on the mound

would get to see Blake Snell for his first major league start.  That sucks.  He's still somewhat raw from what I've seen lately.  

10 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

This isn't about Hermosillo being ready. It is about Upton being hurt, there not being any better options, and Hermosillo getting a taste of the big leagues. If on the off chance he does well, then he takes over for Kole once Upton is back.

Yup, this is just a test run for Hermosillo to see how he responds to MLB pitching.  With Upton out at least a few days, I imagine we'll see Hermosillo starting in his place.  Young might get a start here or there, but we already know exactly who he is as a player, so no need to start him too much.

Calhoun is not going anywhere.

2 hours ago, Glen said:

No Blash?

I think there is a 10 day window where you can't be called back up after you have been sent down although I think that can be waived if you are replacing a DL'ed player (maybe Upton)....either that or maybe they want a look at Hermosillo.....or both....

17 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

Yup, this is just a test run for Hermosillo to see how he responds to MLB pitching.  With Upton out at least a few days, I imagine we'll see Hermosillo starting in his place.  Young might get a start here or there, but we already know exactly who he is as a player, so no need to start him too much.

Calhoun is not going anywhere.

If Hermossilo plays well (and hits about 250) I can see him take away Calhoun's spot when Upton comes back.

He's being brought in as an understudy, but if the lead actor (Calhoun) continues to bomb he may never get his job back.