• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Poor home record

T.G.

23 minutes ago, OHTANILAND said:

Excellent post. I am concerned that the veteran part of our lineup being Kinsler, Pujols, Maldonado, Calhoun, Cozart and our bullpen won’t have enough gas left in the tank to play at a high level in the second half. I think 85 wins will be a stretch. 

I think Kinsler is who he was last season - solid glove, some pop, some speed - and possibly worse now that he's older.  I'd like to think he could give us a .730-.750 OPS but he's likely done.

Pujols is Pujols - slow, pull-heavy, capable of .700+ OPS but likely resulting in sub-.700 OPS.  He's been good with runners on/runners in scoring position the last two season despite the lower OPS so, if he has to the line-up, probably better where he'd most successful.  

Maldonado was gassed last season and Rivera is a better back-up Graterol so I think he'll put up better numbers this year.

Calhoun will be better...I don't know how much better but I find it hard to believe he's done at 30.  Due to his start, I think he finishes sub-.700 OPS and will likely be looking at platoon situations this and next season as more talent emerges from the minors, but he'll be better.

Cozart I think finishes somewhere around a .750 OPS which is meh but I'm less impressed with his defense so far.  To me, we signed the infield version of Gary Matthews Jr but I hope I'm wrong...at the very least it's not for 5 years.

As for the bullpen, I expect Parker and Bedrosian to have their ups and downs but be better over all...not sure what to expect of Anderson...Alvarez will be ok but not great...Pena, Johnson, and Paredes are nothing much...Wood hopefully will lend a hand.  Eppler needs two arms that can fill the back end of the bullpen...Anderson, Bedrosian, Ramirez, Parker, Wood and Alvarez can all be solid middle relievers but we need an anchor or two back there who we can depend on not to blow games in the 8th or 9th.  I think Eppler will get some help eventually, at least enough to be better than now. 

1 hour ago, True Grich said:

Jeff - I heard someone (possibly Alex Curry) ask Mike after one of the games about if he's seeing something different when they play at home.  He said he was.. he saw something very specific, but he wouldn't tell her what that was.  That's what I was curious about.  If you had any hints about what was specifically impacting their play at home.  I remember raising my eyebrows when I heard it, but there wasn't any follow up.

I didn’t hear Scioscia say that and I have no idea what it would be. 

9 minutes ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

I don't know.  Perhaps the family life stuff creeps in to their minds.  162 game regular season is a marathon, not a sprint. Focus may be a little off, you never know. 

Football has real home-field advantage.  Only 8 home games, and the crowd can energize you, especially on defense. Baseball fans in the regular season are there to relax, nothing wrong with that.

Maybe the pro Yankees crowd in Anaheim pissed them off.