• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

Mid season roster check....

DMVol

9 minutes ago, SuperTroopers said:

Moustakas instead of Valbuena. 

I think I would want him to agree to a multi-year deal before you complete the trade....unless the Royals let him go cheaply and you don't have to give up a top prospect....not likely but nobody expected him to have no market this winter either...

15 minutes ago, DMVol said:

I think I would want him to agree to a multi-year deal before you complete the trade....unless the Royals let him go cheaply and you don't have to give up a top prospect....not likely but nobody expected him to have no market this winter either...

He has a mutual option for next season, just have him agree to pick up that option. Won’t cost much as far as prospects.  

50 minutes ago, SuperTroopers said:

He has a mutual option for next season, just have him agree to pick up that option. Won’t cost much as far as prospects.  

That would make some sense....except you have Boras involved....:(

Just now, SuperTroopers said:

That went so well for him 2 months ago.

In light of his market this past winter and if Moose wants to get home, you could tweak the deal without giving away the farm.....same as Upton, a little more but not a ton....but Boras wouldn't just exercise the option, even with the cold market last winter....

4 minutes ago, DMVol said:

In light of his market this past winter and if Moose wants to get home, you could tweak the deal without giving away the farm.....same as Upton, a little more but not a ton....but Boras wouldn't just exercise the option, even with the cold market last winter....

Once again, not trying to be argumentative, but it isn’t about Boras it is about is Moustakas willing to do it.  Also no one new what the market was like last year, and no one thought it was going to be a cold market.  With the big names coming up this year he would be at risk of ending up in a very familiar place next year again.

21 minutes ago, SuperTroopers said:

Once again, not trying to be argumentative, but it isn’t about Boras it is about is Moustakas willing to do it.  Also no one new what the market was like last year, and no one thought it was going to be a cold market.  With the big names coming up this year he would be at risk of ending up in a very familiar place next year again.

Could be....but it is about Boras, to some extent....his guys are loyal, to a fault....he obviously does well but his guys sometimes turn down sensible deals and regret it (see Moustakas if we really offered 3/45)...but they still swear by him.....Weaver is one of the few I've seen overide his advice....Moustakas for sure screwed up, if we offered 3/45 as speculated last winter, but he and Boras may think they can still hit it big this coming winter....Moustakas will be somewhere else on August 1st, that's for sure....we'll see...