Jump to content
  • Welcome to AngelsWin.com

    AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

    Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

    Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

     

Mid season roster check....


DMVol

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, SuperTroopers said:

Moustakas instead of Valbuena. 

I think I would want him to agree to a multi-year deal before you complete the trade....unless the Royals let him go cheaply and you don't have to give up a top prospect....not likely but nobody expected him to have no market this winter either...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, DMVol said:

I think I would want him to agree to a multi-year deal before you complete the trade....unless the Royals let him go cheaply and you don't have to give up a top prospect....not likely but nobody expected him to have no market this winter either...

He has a mutual option for next season, just have him agree to pick up that option. Won’t cost much as far as prospects.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, SuperTroopers said:

He has a mutual option for next season, just have him agree to pick up that option. Won’t cost much as far as prospects.  

That would make some sense....except you have Boras involved....:(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, SuperTroopers said:

That went so well for him 2 months ago.

In light of his market this past winter and if Moose wants to get home, you could tweak the deal without giving away the farm.....same as Upton, a little more but not a ton....but Boras wouldn't just exercise the option, even with the cold market last winter....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, DMVol said:

In light of his market this past winter and if Moose wants to get home, you could tweak the deal without giving away the farm.....same as Upton, a little more but not a ton....but Boras wouldn't just exercise the option, even with the cold market last winter....

Once again, not trying to be argumentative, but it isn’t about Boras it is about is Moustakas willing to do it.  Also no one new what the market was like last year, and no one thought it was going to be a cold market.  With the big names coming up this year he would be at risk of ending up in a very familiar place next year again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, SuperTroopers said:

Once again, not trying to be argumentative, but it isn’t about Boras it is about is Moustakas willing to do it.  Also no one new what the market was like last year, and no one thought it was going to be a cold market.  With the big names coming up this year he would be at risk of ending up in a very familiar place next year again.

Could be....but it is about Boras, to some extent....his guys are loyal, to a fault....he obviously does well but his guys sometimes turn down sensible deals and regret it (see Moustakas if we really offered 3/45)...but they still swear by him.....Weaver is one of the few I've seen overide his advice....Moustakas for sure screwed up, if we offered 3/45 as speculated last winter, but he and Boras may think they can still hit it big this coming winter....Moustakas will be somewhere else on August 1st, that's for sure....we'll see...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...