• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Yanny or Laurel?

Yanny or Laurel  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

I can kinda hear both. Its really weird- it sounds like two different voices saying it. Its easier for me to hear Laurel, and it comes out in a deeper, almost announcer type voice. Like what you'd expect to hear on like...a "proper word pronunciation" video clip. Yanny is a more grainy, higher pitched, almost whiny voice. It doesn't really make any sense...Its clearly a similar thing as the dress was - basically, whatever your brain assumes the 'background' information is, that's how the voice comes out in your head.

1 hour ago, nando714 said:

I’ve heard both 

my wife showed me last night - Yanny

my buddy showed me today - laurel 

The quality of the sound reproduction can play a big part in this. Listening off different sources, phone, tablet, desktop speakers, will net different frequencies which will allow you to hear different sounds. 

I have a pretty severe hearing problem so high frequencies are clipped and there is plenty of low frequency roll off as well. I'd have to really mess with my hearing aids to pick up those sounds or really tweak with an equalizer to pick up Yanny off of desktop speakers. 

Off my phone I definitely hear Laurel. Off the speakers of my Dell desktop monitor I hear Yering. 

Edited by Blarg

55 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

This is the silliest, stupidest thing ever but at least it's a break from hearing about Stormy Daniels and the lawyers.

I think it's kinda fascinating.  I listened to it again last night and heard Laurel this time.  My daughter did as well.  Wife and son heard Yanny.