• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

Predict the ending

Currently...

Astros: 27-17

Angels: 25-17

Mariners: 24-17

Athletics: 21-21

Rangers: 16-27

----------------------------

Ending....

Astros: 94-68.  Pitching won't be as good going forward, but the offense will erupt and their bullpen is deep.

Angels: 90-72. The Angels offense and rotation will both be steady, above average assets. But the difference between them and other contenders is poor bullpen options and management.

Mariners: 84-78. I don't expect Seattle to stay in it much longer. Great offense, but the pitching and defense are lacking. Plus losing Cano is a big hit on the field and in the clubhouse.

Athletics: 82-80. Better than they're given credit for but not a contender yet.

Rangers: 72-90. Outside of Gallo and Mazara, hard to see optimism there.

Astros: 95-67. As you said - pitching will dip, but offense will spike. At some point they'll get hot and pull ahead but the Angels will remain in the rearview all year.

Angels: 90-72. Agree, again. The offense should improve a bit. If the rotation stays strong, they can win 90+. 

Athletics: 82-80. Just a typical year for Beane's crew.

Mariners: 81-81. Hard times ahead.

Rangers: 73-89. Carlos Perez will turn this team around. Oh, wait...

33 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Astros: 95-67. As you said - pitching will dip, but offense will spike. At some point they'll get hot and pull ahead but the Angels will remain in the rearview all year.

Angels: 90-72. Agree, again. The offense should improve a bit. If the rotation stays strong, they can win 90+. 

Athletics: 82-80. Just a typical year for Beane's crew.

Mariners: 81-81. Hard times ahead.

Rangers: 73-89. Carlos Perez will turn this team around. Oh, wait...

The M's will be that bad?  Bold.  I like it!  Part of me hopes they keep Dipoto around so that the Mariners can continue to suck for a long time, but the other part of me hopes they can Dipoto because that guy deserves it. 

59 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

Currently...

Astros: 27-17

Angels: 25-17

Mariners: 24-17

Athletics: 21-21

Rangers: 16-27

----------------------------

Ending....

Astros: 94-68.  Pitching won't be as good going forward, but the offense will erupt and their bullpen is deep.

Angels: 90-72. The Angels offense and rotation will both be steady, above average assets. But the difference between them and other contenders is poor bullpen options and management.

Mariners: 84-78. I don't expect Seattle to stay in it much longer. Great offense, but the pitching and defense are lacking. Plus losing Cano is a big hit on the field and in the clubhouse.

Athletics: 82-80. Better than they're given credit for but not a contender yet.

Rangers: 72-90. Outside of Gallo and Mazara, hard to see optimism there.

I agree with all. Regarding the Angels record I think that can go up or down depending on trades being made. If something doesn't happen soon I think we are going to burn out an already unreliable bullpen which will lead to quite a bit more losses. However, if they can bring in a reliable BP piece I think that number can reach somewhere in the 95-98 range.

2 minutes ago, Lou said:

Holy crap.

We have the 4th best record in the AL and the 5th best in MLB. Our SP has bern lights out for a while now. Some of you act like we need to decide whether or not we should make some deals or begin to rebuild. 

I'm okay with everything, except for the shape of the pen.    But to have success in the post-season, a team MUST have a solid pen. 

I think its a bit too early to tell.  We have Cole beat last night, if we beat Verlander tonight it will be a very different attitude here tomorrow, BUT...
our fate will rest with the pen, i have no question of that.  

The good news is that the difference between us and others is that we can make greater improvement easier and the pen should be much easier to fix than the rotation or a middle of the order bat. 

My greater concern is that I cant for the life of me understand Epplers plan there, he seems to consider it a secondary thing that can be pieced together, perhaps the season to date will change his thinking as it is absolutely the sole reason we are not 2-3 games up on Hou right now.  

Astros: 101-61. The Big Three (Cole, Verlander, and Morton) will each contend for a Cy Young, the offense will kick ass, and the bullpen will be more than adequate.

Angels:  89-73.  The starters will be very good, but not brilliant (and there may be the usual extended DL trip or two) the bullpen will struggle all season long and blow games as Eppler looks for stopgap fixes, and some of the hitters will disappear. Trout will come out of his slump and have a great year, Ohtani will be spectacular, Upton will hit 40 home runs and drive in 110, and Simmons will actually contend for a batting title. Pujols will finish at .240 with a million weak grounders to the left side and some mammoth home runs. The rest of the offense? Unmentionable.

A's: 86-76.  A decent team with some interesting overachievers.

Mariners: 82-80. Loss of Cano will hurt. 

Rangers: 74-88. Try as I might, I can't find much here that doesn't belong in the bargain bin at Kmart.

As far as fixing the pen, is there one player you would keep? I can't think of any offhand except for maybe Anderson who is pretty green.

So I think Angels and Mariners will be battling for 2nd/3rd place in the AL West.

29 minutes ago, Lou said:

Holy crap.

We have the 4th best record in the AL and the 5th best in MLB. Our SP has bern lights out for a while now. Some of you act like we need to decide whether or not we should make some deals or begin to rebuild. 

Bullpens are infinitely important in October and we are being held together with scotch tape. I actually think our rotation will allows us to play pretty well in the playoffs but we need to make it there and its never been more crucial to win the division than it is now. We can seemingly take 3 of our rotation and turn them into solid bp pieces for the playoffs. I'd be willing to go to war with Ohtani, Richards and Skaggs in a 7 game series.

Bullpen pitchers who have the best chance of having a decent-to-good season: Anderson, Bedrosian, Parker, Alvarez

pitcher who could be 2018's biggest bust: Johnson

injured pitcher that we may never see again: Middleton

other mediocrities in the mix: Wood, Paredes, N. Ramirez

We need help!!

Edited by fan_since79

1 minute ago, fan_since79 said:

Bullpen pitchers who have the best chance of having a decent-to-good season: Anderson, Bedrosian, Parker, Alvarez

pitchers who could be 2018's biggest bust: Johnson

injured pitcher that we may never see again: Middleton

other mediocrities in the mix: Wood, Paredes, N. Ramirez

We need help!!

I love parker in the 7th, 8th and high leverage situations. I don't think he has the mental makeup to be a closer. Bedrosian needs to be put down. Anderson is showing great stuff i just think he may be in over his head for what he's being asked to do so quickly.

It is too early in the season to predict the final record. There is a better than even chance that some starting pitchers will suffer injuries. Anyvextended DL stint eould be costly considering the lack of depth now. Now, if everyone is healthy I think 88-74 is about right.

3 hours ago, Lou said:

Holy crap.

Also.  It’s our managers fault that we aren’t doing even better.  Semi miracle we’ve won 15 games with the lasagna consumption machine making decisions. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

4 hours ago, Lou said:

Holy crap.

Eppler should trade Trout for a bullpen. 

1 hour ago, Throwman91 said:

Astros 102-60 They haven't hit their stride offensively yet and the pitching will keep them in tons of games.

Angels 86-76 The offense and bullpen are very streaky and many small leads will be blown, the RHH heavy lineup will struggle vs vast amount of RHP.  2nd wild-card possible.

A's 84-78 Matt Olson and Khris Davis will be traded at the deadline.

Mariners 80-82 M's will wear down by the All-Star break and will be passed up by the A's.

Rangers 70-92 Just don't see anything remarkable about them.