• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bullpen Target/Acquisition Thread

2 minutes ago, Adam said:

I usually don't propose silly ideas like a lot of you but I actually think Richards would be an amazing closer and he, in that role might make the Angels (net) better. 

He does have some history of being dominant for a few innings and then getting knocked around a bit....

4 minutes ago, DMVol said:

He does have some history of being dominant for a few innings and then getting knocked around a bit....

It is a bit of out of the box thinking, but it could prolong his career. It isn't like he's going 7+ innings as a starter, plus I think he has the stuff and make-up to be awesome in that role. 

3 minutes ago, Adam said:

I usually don't propose silly ideas like a lot of you but I actually think Richards would be an amazing closer and he, in that role might make the Angels (net) better. 

Probably, but I'm still holding out hope for him to come around as a starter. He has had an ERA under 3 this month (sample size warning), and has had great peripherals this year (fantastic K rate and fantastic GB%). His biggest problem has been walks, and over the 12 innings he pitched this month he's only had one. It seems plausible to me that he was having control problems with his stuff due to the massive amount of time missed, and is just now getting it under control (hence why he appears to be constantly nibbling). Heck, over those starts, he has only given up one extra base hit, and that was the home run at the end of the last start. Not saying his problems are solved, but for sure signs of improvement - and an elite level Richards would be a HUGE boost to an already impressive looking rotation.

27 minutes ago, krAbs said:

Has Shoemaker made any recovery recently? I personally would love to see our current rotation with him in the pen as a 2 innings kinda guy with his splitter. If we could do that plus a closer, that would be a real good look.

No, he's been shut down 

Just now, krAbs said:

Probably, but I'm still holding out hope for him to come around as a starter. He has had an ERA under 3 this month (sample size warning), and has had great peripherals this year (fantastic K rate and fantastic GB%). His biggest problem has been walks, and over the 12 innings he pitched this month he's only had one. It seems plausible to me that he was having control problems with his stuff due to the massive amount of time missed, and is just now getting it under control (hence why he appears to be constantly nibbling). Heck, over those starts, he has only given up one extra base hit, and that was the home run at the end of the last start. Not saying his problems are solved, but for sure signs of improvement - and an elite level Richards would be a HUGE boost to an already impressive looking rotation.

Yeah it isn't going to happen and I doubt either party would consider it unless he has some sort of injury/set-backs. 

10 hours ago, rafibomb said:

I feel bad for Eppler because this won't be an easy fix and it would suck to lose some of our prospects because I feel like we just started having a deep farm.

I have to comment on this.  You shouldn't feel bad for Eppler because Eppler is the one who failed to address the BP this past off-season.  Everyone knew the BP was an issue and Eppler didn't do anything.  There were tons of arms available and he didn't get any of them.  This is his problem and his fault.  Overall I think Eppler has done a great job, but he blew it in regards to the bullpen.

How about this for an out there idea: Huston Street is unsigned, and also didn't give up a single run last year (though he only had 4 games due to health issues). Problem there is he appears to be down to come back to baseball, but not for a minor league team. I mean really, he only had one bad year...

24 minutes ago, krAbs said:

How about this for an out there idea: Huston Street is unsigned, and also didn't give up a single run last year (though he only had 4 games due to health issues). Problem there is he appears to be down to come back to baseball, but not for a minor league team. I mean really, he only had one bad year...

Not likely. 

29 minutes ago, krAbs said:

If you want to go that route Krod is more realistic, albeit still fetched. 

42 minutes ago, VariousCrap said:

I have to comment on this.  You shouldn't feel bad for Eppler because Eppler is the one who failed to address the BP this past off-season.  Everyone knew the BP was an issue and Eppler didn't do anything.  There were tons of arms available and he didn't get any of them.  This is his problem and his fault.  Overall I think Eppler has done a great job, but he blew it in regards to the bullpen.

Yup

I don't know if he got cocky with his successful dumpster diving bullpen from last year, but this is a train wreck.  

Don't we now have a significant number of don't-want-to-give-up prospects?   Just replace 1 or 2 of them with guys being drafted in June, ultimately.

Stoneman never traded prospects.   Dipoto traded most of them.    There HAS to be a happy medium that promotes success while keeping a solid farm?