• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hero or Goat - 5/15/2018

GOAT!  

38 members have voted

1. 1. GOAT!

• Scioscia
    • Eppler
    • Trout
    • Defense
    • Baserunning
    • Alvarez
    • Jim Johnson

12 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

and let's point out the obvious while we're at it.  Alvarez was sporting a sub 2 era even though he's barely under 4 for his career.  We knew that was going to normalize at some point.  

This I do agree with.  

23 minutes ago, SuperTroopers said:

I was expecting the poll to have one option, Scioscia.  Then I remembered a normal human makes these threads.

So those who disagree with managerial decisions during a game aren’t human or aren’t “real” fans?

must we all agree with every move made by the manager?

i mean that’s what it sounds like by the way you post. Those who question or blame the manager we have no idea what we’re talking about and are trolls , right? 

Just now, nando714 said:

So those who disagree with managerial decisions during a game aren’t human or aren’t “real” fans?

must we all agree with every move made by the manager?

i mean that’s what it sounds like by the way you post. Those who question or blame the manager we have no idea what we’re talking about and are trolls , right? 

No, but when someone points out a philosophical change and you can’t get past your hate to actually consider it a possibility, well you may want to ask yourself  why.  My biggest issue with you is you tend to get super active when the team isn’t playing well.  I too had an issue with what he did tonight, should have gone to the pen again with Alvarez up.  Where I completely disagree with you is you want a 21 year old kid to crank it up to well over 100 pitches when he hasn’t pitched over 90.  That is not what is best for the pitcher.   We as fans have the luxury of not having to think of the ramifications of such things.  As a manger he doesn’t have that luxury, and he has to manage the team for at least 162 games.  

9 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Alvarez, Alvarez, Alvarez

Scioscia had one questionable decision.   Not taking Alvarez out and putting in Parker to face Altuve and go for a 5 out save.

Two, actually. Not sticking with Barria.

11 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Actually base running has as much responsibility as Alvarez.  I agree with one poster in the game day thread when he said Reddicks throws change the games momentum

Why are the Halos continuing to run on Reddick, knowing he has a cannon for an arm?????

1 minute ago, Angel Oracle said:

I’m fine with that.   Barria had thrown several more pitches already, than he had all season.

I understand the arguments for and against it and I know I'm speaking with the benefit of hindsight, but I was against it at the time.

I would have liked to have seen Barria but I understand considering that Reddick doesn't normally hit LHers well and the obvious pinch hitter for Fisher was Gurriel who has reverse splits vs. lefties.  Dealers choice on that.  

Letting Alvarez face Altuve was a mistake.  An obvious mistake.  It's almost like MS was giving Alvarez the opportunity to come back to earth from his hot start.   Altuve is a high ball hitter who kills breaking balls and will hit into his fair share of double plays.  To me, Johnson was a better matchup.  

But big picture is that all options kinda sucked.  As I've said for the last several months, that on Billy.