• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Middleton has damaged UCL - Seeking 2nd opinion

Suck suckity suck suck suck

cant we catch a break with our pitching?  It’s always the hot arms that go down.  I wasn’t even a Middleton fan coming in to the season but he was getting the job done and becoming our best option.  Far better than Shitthebedrosian.  He needs to step up now.  I’d love to see someone step up and grow a pair and start intimidating batters.  Need some fire in the pen.

Wish I had the energy to search out total pitching injuries by team over the past few years.  We seems snakebit the past 3-4.  Curious if it’s a broader issue though and not just us.  I only pay attention to the Angels though I guess.

7 hours ago, calscuf said:

No, a sprain is a tear.  A strain is like a pull.

Nope. A strain is acute damage to a muscle or tendon. A sprain is damage to a ligament. Grade 1 is a stretch. Grade 2 is a partial tear. Grade 3 is a full tear.

30 minutes ago, Fish Oil said:

Nope. A strain is acute damage to a muscle or tendon. A sprain is damage to a ligament. Grade 1 is a stretch. Grade 2 is a partial tear. Grade 3 is a full tear.

For those that prefer this in simple English, allow me . . . 

cals is a dumbass. 

8 hours ago, floplag said:

one wonders, could he be a closer at this point?
At this point i might take a flyer.  Hes got the mentality and was still in the 90s last season with Chi

He was a mess for us last year.  We couldn't even use him as a starter in the playoffs last year and he bombed as middle relief and we were desperate for middle relief in last year's playoffs.

15 hours ago, bloodbrother said:

Takes 2 to tango though. Hard to acquire good talent this early in the season even from teams who clearly stink. They aren't gonna be in sell mode in mid-May

It's got to be done. We just don't have any reliable arms at the closing end. It's important this is fixed quickly as it also takes pressure off the guys who are placed in this position right now. 

12 hours ago, floplag said:

one wonders, could he be a closer at this point?
At this point i might take a flyer.  Hes got the mentality and was still in the 90s last season with Chi

I don't think he has the stuff.

5 hours ago, CubsFan said:

He was a mess for us last year.  We couldn't even use him as a starter in the playoffs last year and he bombed as middle relief and we were desperate for middle relief in last year's playoffs.

reliever is a different mentality, he could be one of those guys resurrected by it. 
his numbers first inning were porr which sepals against it but he got stronger the more he threw.  perhaps if he just let it all go. 
i dont know, im desperate. 

6 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Shit news for Keynan.  On the bright side I guess it’s still fairly early in the season.  We may be able to see him again next year.   Hope for the best for the guy. 

Yeah, if he undergoes the procedure within the next few weeks, seems likely he'd be back for the latter half of 2019.  He doesn't have to rebuild his innings in the same way a starter would.  

Still, feel terrible for the dude.  He was having a great start and earned the closer's role.  Alas... next man up.

Middleton exceeded my expectations.  This is definitely a blow to the bull pen.  I was expecting him to not go the surgery route, but I guess its telling that he is.  Hoping for a full recovery.

4 hours ago, zenmaster said:

Did guys pre 1980s or whatever just need TJ but not get it and somehow pitched through it? Or is it due to more guys throwing breaking balls etc. that is causing all these surgeries?

They threw 88, didn't, barely ever threw sliders and most were done by age 32..   

Check the CY Young votes for the 70s -- youll be amazed how many of them broke down early...    More guys break down now sure, there are also more guys throwing, more guys pushing their bodies to the limits and lots more media coverage than in the 70s.