• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Chris Young

I feel like Chris Young was basically a 2 million dollar insurance policy the Angels took out in case they couldn't find any competent OF options to backup their starters.  As the season has progressed though, it looks like we have minor league depth emerging (Biash, Hermosillo, EYJ).  As the season continues forward, if Young doesn't start producing, then it's probably fairly easy to move on from him given our modest commitment.  

Having Young wouldn't be too bad if Calhoun was hitting like he normally does.  Unfortunately, Calhoun is the worst hitting regular in baseball right now, which magnifies Young's terrible production as well.  

We need an actual starting RF that can produce. 

Calhoun at this point has quickly become a late inning defensive replacement, 4th outfielder IMO. 

Drop Young and bring back Blash to start fulltime until Eppler can pull off a deal. 

I'd love to pry Jorge Soler and Kelvin Herrera from the Royals somehow. 

Or Franchy Cordero and Brad Hand from the Padres. 

27 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Calhoun at this point has quickly become a late inning defensive replacement, 4th outfielder IMO. 

Drop Young and bring back Blash to start fulltime until Eppler can pull off a deal. 

I would love to get Hand.  He’s probably the most underrated reliever in baseball.  Great pitcher. Cordero has some monster power.  He’s fairly young tho I think.  I assume the fathers would demand a kings ransom for this kind of deal. 

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

Honestly? Blash looked mediocre in like what, 10 AB's?  

And heck ya, I'd be down for trades. 

35 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I would love to get Hand.  He’s probably the most underrated reliever in baseball.  Great pitcher. Cordero has some monster power.  He’s fairly young tho I think.  I assume the fathers would demand a kings ransom for this kind of deal. 

Does the ball come out of Hand's hand nicely?

11 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

....drool....

2 minutes ago, Pheenom07 said:

Looking at these stats really show how Fletcher has been doing amazing.  They also show that Hermosillo is striking out over 33% of the time and would get eaten up if called up right now.  I bet we see Ackley soon....

Ackley is just starting to see some time in LF and I think he was limited all last season with major arm/back injuries. I can't see him being a RF option, nor them shifting Upton to RF. Blash is probably next internal solution.

Chris Young really isn't doing much, but I also don't think he's gotten enough of a look yet. I'm not saying he needs a month of playing time, but 75% of playing time for 2 weeks or so to close the book on him would be worth it. 

I don’t know what the answer is, I would probably give Hermosillo a chance even with the strike outs.  It is time to send Kole down.  His five days off did nothing.  He hit the ball harder a couple times and had two hits in a game, but he is swinging through virtually everything right now.