• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trout's clutchnes or lack thereof?

After hitting a line drive that had high exit velocity that ended the game last night, a couple of Angels fans on here stated that Trout hasn't been clutch as an Angel.

So, what are we basing Trout on on whether he's clutch or not? The amount of walk-off hits in his career , high leverage situations, or the one bad postseason in 2014 (yeah, okay, one bad postseason defines someone as "not clutch"), etc?

Don't think "clutchness" is just about how many walk off hits a player gets. It's about getting hits when a team needs it. Doesn't matter if it's late in the game or not. There's more to clutchness than getting a certain amount of walk-off hits. I'll say that Trout has been really clutch as an Angel, based on his career slash line in high leverage situations. His career slash line those situations are .308/.426/.570. That's an OPS of .996, which is elite.

That's clutch to me.

I’ll try to keep my thoughts to myself after I almost got ran off the forum with my comments earlier this year about Trout’s “clutchness” 

I didn’t realize his last walk off came in 2015?? 

We all know he is the best player in baseball. He’s a joy to watch. But I don’t think anyone remembers a David Ortiz walkoff from May. They just remember the multiple walkoffs in October. 

Im hoping Mike gets his chance this October. 

12 minutes ago, WeaverFever said:

I’ll try to keep my thoughts to myself after I almost got ran off the forum with my comments earlier this year about Trout’s “clutchness” 

I didn’t realize his last walk off came in 2015?? 

We all know he is the best player in baseball. He’s a joy to watch. But I don’t think anyone remembers a David Ortiz walkoff from May. They just remember the multiple walkoffs in October. 

Im hoping Mike gets his chance this October. 

True. Don't know how many chances Trout will get to have a monster postseason. It could be his next postseason or the next one after that. I mean, Barry Bonds was the best player in baseball in the 1990s but he didn't have a good postseason until his 6th postseason. That was Bonds' only good postseason in his 7 trips to the postseason.

1 minute ago, SuperTroopers said:

There are two things I would implement if I was important enough on here to do so.  I would delete all of the Ohtani could be doing this or that threads and I would tell this dude to stop making threads about Trout.  

I would delete any posts by fans of other teams like the Cubs and Trout/Ohtani lovers.

JK, but seriously I agree with you that it can get annoying.

Just now, IheartLA said:

I would delete any posts by fans of other teams like the Cubs and Trout/Ohtani lovers.

JK, but seriously I agree with you that it can get annoying.

I don’t mean to be a dick about it.  But Jesus, if you want to talk about Trout find one of the many threads you have already started about Trout.  If you want to talk about Ohtani being under utilized, get a fucking clue and understand what he is already doing, which is more than enough.

15 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Are you going to spend the entire season posting stupid thread after stupid thread? 

How is this thread stupid? There's many people who think that Trout is clutch and a few decent others on here who thinks that he's not. It can't be stupid when not everybody agrees on a particular thing.

The only Ohtani thread I'm going to post on is the one I started the other day, and that will be simply to update how we're doing in games he appears in.

At the present time we are 17-7 in those games and 6-8 in the rest.

Ohtani correlates with winning!

Edited by fan_since79

17 minutes ago, floplag said:

Only on this forum can we read a thread suggesting Trout is not getting it done.  i swear we have the worst fans sometimes. 
Well, that and the asshat from Colo suggsting Blackmon has been better, but thats another discussion. 

You've been here long enough to know this thread is completely normal and expected.

Trout is fat and also sucks.

9 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I do want to know what Trout's numbers are when the game is actually on the line, like last night. You know, where what he does that at bat means win or lose.

My hunch is that they aren't good.

his ops in the 9th inning is .853 for his career.  .805 in extras.  a 77 and 71 tOPS+ split respectively.  That's the only thing I can find.  Otherwise, there's no real info.  

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

his ops in the 9th inning is .853 for his career.  .805 in extras.  a 77 and 71 tOPS+ split respectively.  That's the only thing I can find.  Otherwise, there's no real info.  

And yet, he has a high OBP in both the 9th inning and in extra innings. I don't think OPS always tells the whole story.