• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

This Bullpen is on Eppler

6 minutes ago, floplag said:

You would need to do that from the 5th or 6th on since we both know our bullpen has been coming in earlier than most.  
An anchor at the back moves everyone up.
But if you think this pen is good enough there really is much left to say.  

I never said the pen was good enough.  But I’m not going to give the Angels the benefit of the doubt and not do the same for the Astros.   It’s illogical.  

9 minutes ago, floplag said:

im convinced people will argue any point just to argue it.  
If this is good enough then people here need to stop bitching, simple.  

Are you saying you wouldn't be ok with winning the division by 3 games?

i agree about the bitching. Or at least apply the same logic to other teams as well

25 minutes ago, Lou said:

Are you saying you wouldn't be ok with winning the division by 3 games?

i agree about the bitching. Or at least apply the same logic to other teams as well

... yeah, that must be what im saying. 
Or, what I'm saying its a pipe dream to suggest our pen is a good as any of the other teams you discussed.  Its far and away our biggest hole and suddenly people here are  comparing it to some of the best as though its apples to apples. 

33 minutes ago, SuperTroopers said:

I never said the pen was good enough.  But I’m not going to give the Angels the benefit of the doubt and not do the same for the Astros.   It’s illogical.  

of course it is, but there is also little chance that our sill end nearly as good as theirs without changes.  

6 hours ago, floplag said:

so if we fall within 5 games of the playoffs again, youll be ok with that? 

14 minutes ago, floplag said:

... yeah, that must be what im saying. 

I know. I was just doing something similar to what you had done. Thought you would catch it.

1 hour ago, Lou said:

I know. I was just doing something similar to what you had done. Thought you would catch it.

Only it really isn't. 
Those teams did what they needed to to improve it,  we did not. 
They likely couldn't do much more to make theirs better, we certainly could. 
If we upgraded ours it would make a large difference.
Just my opinion.  

3 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

You bring in a reliever to face Altuve...that's on Scioscia.  Yes, pen talent is lacking butyou still make a move there.  Alvarez was lost and needed to be pulled 

So Scioscia brings in Bedrosian or Johnson, who likely also give up a hit to Altuve. Then, everyone blames Scioscia for bringing in Bedrosian or Johnson.

The problem is I don't see any quick fixes to this problem right now. A dominant reliever will cost a premium this early into the season. We would need the problem to be fixed in-house which is so risky because games like today and against the Twins will start adding up. What do you guys think we should do?

15 minutes ago, Taylor said:

So Scioscia brings in Bedrosian or Johnson, who likely also give up a hit to Altuve. Then, everyone blames Scioscia for bringing in Bedrosian or Johnson.

I wouldn't have blamed him.  It was the right move even if it might have not worked since Altuve is a great hitter.  Literally Anyone in the BP not named Alvarez had a better chance of getting Altuve out even if it was a matter of degrees.  Mike was asleep at the wheel

15 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Or you leave in the starter who has the other team off balanced for 7 innings. 

Or if you as a GM is hard up about 100 pitches max per game you want to stock your bullpen with better arms during the off season . Knowing that they will have to pitch 3-4 innings per game 

16 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Why does it have to be Bedrosian or Johson?  What happened to Parker? He's been on fire, yet Scioscia wont use him with the game on the line..stupid.

1 minute ago, JarsOfClay said:

Why does it have to be Bedrosian or Johson?  What happened to Parker? He's been on fire, yet Scioscia wont use him with the game on the line..stupid.

I’m guessing he was going to be the closer tonight.  

1 minute ago, SuperTroopers said:

I’m guessing he was going to be the closer tonight.  

Bingo, though I guess the next question would be why not use him for the potential 5 out save and bring him in for Alvarez there. That was obviously the biggest moment of the game so why save him for the 9th for a lead you may not even have at that point?