• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rookie of the Year Competition

2 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

I could see him both hitting and pitching in the ASG, albeit one of the later choices to pitch, now that the ASG no longer determines HFA in the WS.

Much easier to do that since it's being hosted by a NL team this year (DC)

He's likely to pitch the Sunday before the game (though it is in Dodger Stadium, so who knows), and if he does, he may decline to pitch. Teams don't want guys who pitched on Sunday pitching again on Tuesday night.

And no player out there who is really raking is a DH solely, anyway. JD Martinez's stats are on par with Ohtani, but has played more games in the field than as a DH. Stanton may be DH'ing more, but he isn't having a hot start.

If he is elected the starting DH, he may start the Sunday before, because it's his regular schedule to hit on Tuesday after a Sunday game. He will likely not be in the HR derby then.

If he is not elected the starting DH, but is elected to the team, and he doesn't pitch that Sunday not because of the All-Star game, but because it's an NL Park, then maybe he hits in the HR Derby and Hits/Pitches in the All-Star Game.

On 5/14/2018 at 10:09 AM, CubsFan said:

Why not starting pitcher as well (from the influx)

Because the starting pitcher is not voted on by the fans.

And he's likely starting Sunday, which would make him ineligible to pitch, as I have previously covered in this thread

On 5/11/2018 at 12:38 PM, CubsFan said:

Sierra never recovered from that embarrassment and humiliation and let it effect him mentally.

Yeah, not winning ROY destroyed Sierra's career. lol

I've read some nonsense before but this is as good as Torres beating out Ohtani. If the ROY vote were taken today Ohtani would probably get every first place vote!

This guy is trolling us.

6 minutes ago, Angels#1Fan said:

Yeah, not winning ROY destroyed Sierra's career. lol

I've read some nonsense before but this is as good as Torres beating out Ohtani.

This guy is trolling us.

No this is real.  And it also affected other players.  My brother's neighbor used to date a psychiatrist in Texas, and Ruben Sierra not winning the MVP emotionally wrecked Oddibe McDowell, who quickly faded in his career.

Also seven if their top prospects needed counseling and fell short of scouts projections.

The team masseuse was so stressed out they got carpel tunnel.

Pete Incaviglia took it out on pork rinds and gained 14 lbs.

Charlie Hough smoked an extra pack a week.

And don't even get me started on how it impacted Steve Howe. . .

4 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

No this is real.  And it also affected other players.  My brother's neighbor used to date a psychiatrist in Texas, and Ruben Sierra not winning the MVP emotionally wrecked Oddibe McDowell, who quickly faded in his career.

Also seven if their top prospects needed counseling and fell short of scouts projections.

The team masseuse was so stressed out they got carpel tunnel.

Pete Incaviglia took it out on pork rinds and gained 14 lbs.

Charlie Hough smoked an extra pack a week.

And don't even get me started on how it impacted Steve Howe. . .

I can see how that would happen.