• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Richards

1 hour ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

I'll be happy to complain about the pitch sequence.  He should have been throwing his power sinker.  Too easy to throw a hanging breaking ball.  Pretty sure it is Scioscia or Maldonado calling the pitches.

Disagree. Dozier is one of the original swing change guys. His swing is designed to take low sinkers and drive them out of the yard. 

1 hour ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

I don't know why some people are complaining about Richards' outing last night.  So he gave up a home run to Dozier.  Richards did not walk anybody last night.  63 strikes in 94 pitches.  I'm certainly not ready to let him walk in free agency.

It's the not getting deeper into games, and not fully trusting his own stuff, that people are frustrated by.   I guess though that command may also be slower to come around if a pitcher has missed a lot of games the past couple of years.   I certainly hope that by July, he is getting into the 7th inning more regularly.  

He was averaging some 6.5 innings/start in 2014-2015 (26/32 starts in those seasons), just not privy to what his pitch counts were back then.