• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Sounds like Hud and Phys

were having some fun last night at the Angels' expense. (I am only going w what I was reading from game thread comments last night).

Good on them.  I was one of the few who liked Phys.  I only disliked him in the crappy years, because he had to be a Company Man apologist ("Tim Belcher isn't having the best season, but he's a GREAT influence for the young guys").  But when the Angels were rolling, I liked Phys.  I understand the criticisms, but I enjoyed his pbp.

The hiring of Hud, and replacing with Goob, is one of those complete dunderheaded moves that Arte makes which makes no sense.  Nobody likes a three and a half hour little league coaching lesson every night about releasing your hands, bringing your hips around, and elevated pitches.

I miss hud and Phys.

They seemed to be nice guys but I don't miss them at all.

Hudler went to the Dick Vitale School for Asskissing and Namedropping. It's very uncomfortable to have to listen to a grown man talk that way. I liked his enthusiasm for the game though.

Physioc just doesn't know the game of baseball very well. After more than a decade with the team that wasn't going to change. He also became an excuse-factory if the team ever slumped. Both spouted the company line at all times. Neither seemed very prepared or insightful. Rojas is a 1000X better than Phys. Gooby doesn't bother me much.

Hud's humility wore on my nerves.  He seemed like a decent guy and for the most part I enjoyed him, but every time he mentioned he wasn't a good player (or something like that) it was nails on the chalkboard to me.

Hud's humility wore on my nerves. He seemed like a decent guy and for the most part I enjoyed him, but every time he mentioned he wasn't a good player (or something like that) it was nails on the chalkboard to me.

True. His humility was in a way, was bragging.

I don't know how anyone older than around 13 years-old could enjoy listening to Hudler do the games. He comes off sounding like a cheese ball clown. He talks down to the audience and treats the audience like a bunch of 8 year-old little leaguers that have never played baseball before.

Exactly. I don't think I ever learned anything from him that I didn't already know in 4th grade. I'm sure he's a great guy but him and Phiz in the booth were unbearable for me.

Travis Rogers had Hud on this morning.  It only took a few minutes before I was screaming at the radio,  because we've heard that same smack for a decade.  And he called Rogers T-Rog - good Lord. 

He didn't answer Rogers' question, he immediately went into his "attitude and football mentality"  approach to baseball - KC can have him.  (Rogers' question was whether the Angels had a nonchalant attitude.)